E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I just became a member so i would like to take the time to say hello. I have a few questions in regards to these hid packages (angelibrite/angel eyes/ halo ETC.) 1.) which brand if any are the most trustworthy. I do not want to purchase these high output lights and them burn a hole through my headlights and wallet as well. 2.) will it mess up the Idrive in my 545i, the last thing i wanna see is a headlight failure light for the life of this fine automobile. and lastly are they illegal I would like to purchase the bright white, because i feel that the blue will get me in trouble with ol' johnny law.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

First WELCOME TO THE FORUM ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE!!!! Second, is i think it depends on who you talk too. Some people have strong alliagne to MTECH angel eyes v1 or v2 other people rep My Car Ice, then there is R dash and WeissLicht LED angel eyes and a slew of others. If it were me i would stick to the higher end brands like MTECH and WeissLicht beacuse they really are brighter and your not going to get error codes. The stuff off ebay and other not as well known brands for me anyways are lower on the totem poll because i know im getting a good product and a warranty and a hihgly back product with the others. I would spend the extra 75 bucks or whatever it is and get mtech's v2 worth it in the long run. I havent heard of anyone burning a hole through the headlight but that would probably be a risk of getting a cheaper brand because the techonoly and the voltage may not be up to par. I would PM brabusw209amg he got the good stuff!!! Your not going to have any problems with the lawdog so long as you don't get colored angel eyes your goo to go.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

Originally Posted by Jackyboy545i
Hey guys I just became a member so i would like to take the time to say hello. I have a few questions in regards to these hid packages (angelibrite/angel eyes/ halo ETC.) 1.) which brand if any are the most trustworthy. I do not want to purchase these high output lights and them burn a hole through my headlights and wallet as well. 2.) will it mess up the Idrive in my 545i, the last thing i wanna see is a headlight failure light for the life of this fine automobile. and lastly are they illegal I would like to purchase the bright white, because i feel that the blue will get me in trouble with ol' johnny law.
welcome aboard, i would recommend MTEC V2's for your angel eyes, as these are error free and super bright, here are some sample shots

Old 02-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GsQ
First WELCOME TO THE FORUM ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE!!!! Second, is i think it depends on who you talk too. Some people have strong alliagne to MTECH angel eyes v1 or v2 other people rep My Car Ice, then there is R dash and WeissLicht LED angel eyes and a slew of others. If it were me i would stick to the higher end brands like MTECH and WeissLicht beacuse they really are brighter and your not going to get error codes. The stuff off ebay and other not as well known brands for me anyways are lower on the totem poll because i know im getting a good product and a warranty and a hihgly back product with the others. I would spend the extra 75 bucks or whatever it is and get mtech's v2 worth it in the long run. I havent heard of anyone burning a hole through the headlight but that would probably be a risk of getting a cheaper brand because the techonoly and the voltage may not be up to par. I would PM brabusw209amg he got the good stuff!!! Your not going to have any problems with the lawdog so long as you don't get colored angel eyes your goo to go.

This is why i love car guys. We can all help each other i have been searching for days on google trying to iron out the issues with angel eyes. Ive weighed the pros and cons and i want them. I have heard off of other forums that the blue lights resemble emergency vehicle lights and are illegal. There was a thread about a guy who said he was pulled over and told to remove them. And not only that but the officer said he would check up to see that he removed them.

but thanks again for the warm welcome i am going to pm brabus
Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
welcome aboard, i would recommend MTEC V2's for your angel eyes, as these are error free and super bright, here are some sample shots

off hand how much do you think these will run like 200+. They look great and you are the second to recommend them so i assume they are worth it and are a solid product.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

I just ordered Weisslicht Angel Eyes in Blue. They should be here any day. Can't wait!

http://www.bimmian.com/60/LHU/#