E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All,
I am wondering if anyone else have had any issues with their Angel ibright lights. I just sent my set in for repair after owning them for about a year. I was disappointed that I had to take both lights out when only the left lamp was malfunctioning, but at least they were replacing them.

I get the Lights back and less than 6 months later the Right Lamp is Dim and throwing an error on my console saying there is a Lamp Malfunction.

Has anyone had this problem? I am almost tempted to not use them again if I have to take both lights out again.. Trust me I don?t mind doing the work but twice in one year is excessive to me.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

sorry to hear this. i too had a problem with one side dimmer than the other however, my AE were MyCarr brand (they suck btw). i didn't get any codes. apparently my AE came apart in two pieces while they were in (the light and housing screw together). don't know what the ibrights look like of how they're assembled but hope this helps. good luck
Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
sorry to hear this. i too had a problem with one side dimmer than the other however, my AE were MyCarr brand (they suck btw). i didn't get any codes. apparently my AE came apart in two pieces while they were in (the light and housing screw together). don't know what the ibrights look like of how they're assembled but hope this helps. good luck
These are the LED AE bulb upgrades you are referring to yes?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW
These are the LED AE bulb upgrades you are referring to yes?
that is correct sir. these were never bright enough for me; they only changed the color from oem yellowish to a whiter light. i was under the impression that they were much brighter than oem, far from it. oh well.... i lived and learned.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

I had one side burn out and BMW replaced the "module" never had a problem since, however if warranty would be expired, I would dish out ~ $200 for parts and labour ... kinda steep for something that small. And the thing is your won't drive around without AE, because the car looks like a turd.