E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel Eyes for '08 535i LCI ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MTec V2 bulbs dont work from what I've heard, someone else recommended these RDash bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories
I ordered them from ebay and had to send them back because I was receiving a bulb out error. Maybe it was just a bad batch of bulbs or anyone have any other suggestion on which bulbs would work?
Old 02-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact John (brabus209amg) and get HID's.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Contributors

I have HIDS, its really the only way to go with AE's on LCI cars....
Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

HID's via brabus if you want really bright, stay away from LED set-ups, either they cause error messages or not bright enough....

GP thunder bulbs if you want a plug and play solution...I purchased from hid-lights.com

***if you go with v1: 8500K in the ae's are white, if you go with v2's: 8500K is blueish so go with 7500k v2's
Old 02-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rkhettry23
I have HIDS, its really the only way to go with AE's on LCI cars....
I thought most Angel Eyes were LED's plug and play, but I should go HID for Angel Eyes? Does this mean I need ballasts for the Angel Eyes and an entire HID setup? Running out of places to stick all the ballasts after converting the headlights/foglights already lol.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
MTec V2 bulbs dont work from what I've heard, someone else recommended these RDash bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories
I ordered them from ebay and had to send them back because I was receiving a bulb out error. Maybe it was just a bad batch of bulbs or anyone have any other suggestion on which bulbs would work?
all of our MTEC V2's are error free or a full refund will apply, it comes with a warranty as well. the LCI uses H8 35w for angel eyes
Old 02-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I thought most Angel Eyes were LED's plug and play, but I should go HID for Angel Eyes? Does this mean I need ballasts for the Angel Eyes and an entire HID setup? Running out of places to stick all the ballasts after converting the headlights/foglights already lol.
LED's and Halogen bulbs are plug and play...but I have yet to see/read of an LED system that's bright and/or error free....for the price LED vs. Halogen, just go with Halogen bulbs (GP thunder or mtec bulbs)

If you want bright AE's and are willing to spend the $, go with an HID set-up (cost is aboutt he same as LED kits also). Yes you will need ballasts and the install is not exactly plug and play, but it's not that complicated either. Again, pm member brabusw209amg if you want to go this route...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/923...&#entry1092212
Old 02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Contributors

I agree 100% with GENE, he knows his stuff
Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

HID for angel eyes? whats the difference between that set up and the HID set up on fog lights? both the angel eyes and fog lights take h8 type bulbs, what would happen if I just used a previous HID fog light set and hooked it up to the angel eyes? hmmm
Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

HID for angel eyes? whats the difference between that set up and the HID set up on fog lights? both the angel eyes and fog lights take h8 type bulbs, what would happen if I just used a previous HID fog light set and hooked it up to the angel eyes? hmmm
set-up is similar, ballasts and HID H8 bulbs

BUT

AFAIK, it's not that simple, power supply is different to the fogs than AE's, brabus spent a lot of R&D time getting his HID kit to function like an OEM set-up...putting the wrong kit into the AE's could fry them resulting into having to replace the entire headlight unit...it's your time and dime...do with it as you wish

again, you could just go with halogen bulb replacements.....

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes for '08 535i LCI ?