E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel Eye Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i sport, 46k, titanium grey with dakota grey interior, auto stick, all options except HUD

Picked up the AE upgraded bulbs from Brabus (stand up dude to say the least) and the passenger side keeps turning on and then going off eventually for good. Johns sending out a new one which is totally cool on his part. Wanted to know if this has happened to any one else? Could it be my car or is it more than likely a bad bulb? Ive got time to think about it so wanted some opinions, thats all. have a good weekend
Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Members

Swap the bulbs over to see if the problem starts occuring on the driver side. If it does, then its the bulbs, otherwise probably loose wiring in your car.

Originally Posted by Schu Dog Nite' post='1005345' date='Sep 11 2009, 10:12 PM
Picked up the AE upgraded bulbs from Brabus (stand up dude to say the least) and the passenger side keeps turning on and then going off eventually for good. Johns sending out a new one which is totally cool on his part. Wanted to know if this has happened to any one else? Could it be my car or is it more than likely a bad bulb? Ive got time to think about it so wanted some opinions, thats all. have a good weekend
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by yezero' post='1005369' date='Sep 11 2009, 08:41 PM
Swap the bulbs over to see if the problem starts occuring on the driver side. If it does, then its the bulbs, otherwise probably loose wiring in your car.
+1, if it's not loose wiring...perhaps you did not install the bulb correctly (which similar problems have been resolved by just making sure the plug and bulbs are correctly inserted).
Old 09-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Hey Dan, just make sure it's not loose in the back. I've never seen that happen before but no worries. Anything wrong, I'll take care of it for you.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i sport, 46k, titanium grey with dakota grey interior, auto stick, all options except HUD

per conv. and suggestions I will try same as soon as I get home work.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Members

this keeps on happening with my car aswell, its the drivers side far bulb, it works but keeps going on and off, im looking for a solution aswell :s, this has happend with 2 bulbs, iv switched them over aswell and even around, all the rest work fine, any1 got a clue what wiring i should b checking??
thanx
Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1005377' date='Sep 11 2009, 11:51 PM
+1, if it's not loose wiring...perhaps you did not install the bulb correctly (which similar problems have been resolved by just making sure the plug and bulbs are correctly inserted).

Excellent points - you can rule out two factors (bulb and installation) by swapping the bulbs and making sure they are both seated properly. If the problem goes away, it was most likely installation. If the problem continues on the other side it is the bulb. If the problem stays on the original side it is the assembly.

Good luck and let us know what happens!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Now you guys have me worried! I am going to have to take a closer look at mine and make sure the same thing isn't happening. I really only see the lights occasionally when I get out to admire them. I am not looking forward to removing or swapping these bulbs given the laborious process involved.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Members

Well I took out the new bulb and watched go on and off then off totally while outside the housing but plugged in. I then replaced the bulb with old factory and it just stayed on. Ive got a new buld being overnited (thanks BRABUS) and Im gonna plug it in and stare at for like a hour and see if it goes out Im thinkin it was the bulb and hopefully this will be behind me. Wolf your right its a pain in the ass and something I dont look forward to doing any time soon again, my hand just started to heel.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

no worries. everything will be taken care of.

Quick Reply: Angel Eye Problem