E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Amplifier & Subwoofer install questions-

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

I posted this in the main discussion, but looks like this thread would be more appropriate-

I know there has been several discussions on this topic but they don't seem to apply to the install I just did yesterday. I have a '05 545 Sport with Premium Sound(Logic 7) and I went to install a Rockford Fosgate T10001BD amp and a 12" Kicker L7 Solobaric yesterday. I am also using a line level converter to convert the speaker line levels into RCA plugs to go into the amp. Using all of the posts found in this forum(thanks Lenk!) I was able to get just about everything done. The only confusing part was when I tapped into the speaker lines coming out of the car's amplifier. I believe it was Lenk who posted the following:

"2. Here are the wires you need going from the amp to the subwoofer:

Left sub + RT/WS Right sub - BL/BR
- BR/GE +BL/RT these wires a 1.75 mm thick"

Maybe I am just reading it wrong but it looks like it says that the left sub + is red with a white stripe and the left sub - is Brown with a yellow stripe...The right sub + is blue with a red stripe and right sub - is blue with a brown stripe...

now when I went to the amp harness some of the wires indicated were thicker than the others which to me didn't seem like it would be a speaker wire, but maybe I'm wrong. The skinnier wires seemed to be the speaker lines, so I ended up tapping into the skinny blue with a red stripe and skinny blue with a brown striped for one side and for the other side I tried a skinny yellow with a red stripe and a skinny yellow with a brown stripe.

My questions are:

Am I supposed to be tapping into skinny and thicker wires as it just didn't seem right to me?

The two yellow wires I tapped into-are they viable speaker lines for running into my amp to provide a good signal?

I really just want to know what the two best pair of speaker lines are to tap into on the amp harness to get the best unfiltered signal for the sub so i can get all those really low frequencies.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!
Old 11-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

Actually, if anyone has the wiring diagram for that particular harness(the amp that comes with logic7-premium sound), that would be tremendously helpful. Does anyone have access to it or know where I could find it?