E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alpine vehiclehub Installation pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='402661' date='Mar 14 2007, 12:37 PM
I work for sbarro inside the orlando fashion square mall.u can come check out the install whenever u want to..ill be there tonight until 9:00pm. I'm not really sure when I'm gonna finish the job, but everything is working now..i really want to get the m-technic kit asap..unless u have previous alpine components this mod can be very expensive. I had the alpine nav, cd changer,dvd changer, processor,and other alpine stuff and manage to spent $2500..$400 for the hub, $700 for the navtv interface(paid too much, can actually get it for about $450 online), $750 in focal speakers, $150 in the lc8, $200 for a speed pulse generator for the navigation and other misc.and i still need to buy new amps and get a shop to do a box for the subs.

I live just a couple of miles away from there.... so I will try to swing by sometime. How would I find you? Just ask for Nelson??
Old 03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='403098' date='Mar 15 2007, 11:58 AM
I am in the same boat.... where I don't want to use 4" speakers, and I don't want to cut either. So I have been pondering what to do.
If I could have my choice, I would want to use Image Dynamics horns again. (I had horns in my 1994 Acura Legend coupe) They sound amazing, and can be installed easily without cutting into the factory panels. They simply strap to the underside of the dash. The stereo imaging is superior with horns, and they are very efficient with power.

For subwoofer, I have not yet decided on a brand.... although ImageDynamics has been a favorite of mine for a while. In the past 2 cars I had, I used three JL Audio 10W6 woofers. I've always liked JL Audio, but I don't want to go with as much bass this time around. I want to go with a single sub, in an aperiodic enclosure.

If you want to be brave you can make pods for the morel elates im selling it prevents you from cutting, as long as you can punch at least 150 rms in to them, they will sound sick. As i posted they are worth abotu 900-1000 bucks check the morel site, i can leave them cheap, make an offer and let me know if you are interested.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='403105' date='Mar 15 2007, 01:03 PM
If you want to be brave you can make pods for the morel elates im selling it prevents you from cutting, as long as you can punch at least 150 rms in to them, they will sound sick. As i posted they are worth abotu 900-1000 bucks check the morel site, i can leave them cheap, make an offer and let me know if you are interested.

Kick pods are not an option for me anymore. I had custom kickpods in my Lexus with Dynaudio speakers in them. While they sound great in that position, the loss of footroom is unacceptable for me in the E60. In particular, the loss of the drivers' dead-pedal worrys me. (I had to lose it in the Lexus, which makes for uncomfortable driving)
Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

very nice but alot of work
Old 03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Members

I am in the same process not knowing what to do for the fronts. I have a custom fiberglass enclosure on the passenger side trunk for my 10" sub and a zapco 500.1. The car needs mid bass and softer highs. I want 6.5" up front but will have some fab to do. I think I am going with OZ Audio or Dyn's and maybe 3 way Dyn's. I have to have a soft dome tweeter after 3 years with my MB Q's. No more metal tweets. Has to be a stealth install so the front bottom of the door panel will have to be built out. Anyone do this?

Kelly
Old 03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kellywb' post='408842' date='Mar 30 2007, 01:34 PM
I am in the same process not knowing what to do for the fronts. I have a custom fiberglass enclosure on the passenger side trunk for my 10" sub and a zapco 500.1. The car needs mid bass and softer highs. I want 6.5" up front but will have some fab to do. I think I am going with OZ Audio or Dyn's and maybe 3 way Dyn's. I have to have a soft dome tweeter after 3 years with my MB Q's. No more metal tweets. Has to be a stealth install so the front bottom of the door panel will have to be built out. Anyone do this?

Kelly

I had Dynaudio speakers in my previous car. (Lexus RX300)

System 220 MKII
System 240 MKII

The System 220 speakers were installed in custom fiberglass kickpods. The System 240 woofers were placed in the factory door locations, and the tweeters for them placed up on the dash in the factory tweet locations.

Dynaudios are quite simply the best sounding speakers I have ever heard in a car. They are so neutral sounding, that you actually have to get used to listening to them. After a while, you don't notice anymore until you listen to another stereo. Then you'll hear all the coloration of the speakers on other systems.

Anyway.... While I love Dynaudio, I actualy preferred the system in my Acura Legend before the Lexus. In the Acura, I used Image Dynamics CD2-Comp horns, complimented by 8 inch Image Dynamics IDQ woofers in the doors for midbass. I then had three JL Audio 10W6 woofers in the trunk.

The horns sound amazing. They image so much better than speakers do, and are extremely efficient with power. They only require about 20-40 watts to run. And the installation for them is simple. They strap to the underside of the dash. No cutting of door panels or anything like that.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

well if any of u plan on going 3 way we have our work cutout for us. our car is so restricted in space this is not to say iy can't get done I had alayout for best possible imaging but it does require major custom work and fiberglassing the lower portion of each door. a little scarey if u have never fg. I will try it though lets see if it will work out. someon said kicks are possible but will require work on the drivers side

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='408853' date='Mar 30 2007, 12:59 PM
I had Dynaudio speakers in my previous car. (Lexus RX300)

System 220 MKII
System 240 MKII

The System 220 speakers were installed in custom fiberglass kickpods. The System 240 woofers were placed in the factory door locations, and the tweeters for them placed up on the dash in the factory tweet locations.

Dynaudios are quite simply the best sounding speakers I have ever heard in a car. They are so neutral sounding, that you actually have to get used to listening to them. After a while, you don't notice anymore until you listen to another stereo. Then you'll hear all the coloration of the speakers on other systems.
Anyway.... While I love Dynaudio, I actualy preferred the system in my Acura Legend before the Lexus. In the Acura, I used Image Dynamics CD2-Comp horns, complimented by 8 inch Image Dynamics IDQ woofers in the doors for midbass. I then had three JL Audio 10W6 woofers in the trunk.

The horns sound amazing. They image so much better than speakers do, and are extremely efficient with power. They only require about 20-40 watts to run. And the installation for them is simple. They strap to the underside of the dash. No cutting of door panels or anything like that.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Contributors

To do kick pods, you will have to lose the driver's dead pedal. (NOT a good idea, trust me)

I think horns are the best solution. They offer the best sound quality possible, with easy installation.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

I run Dyn's system 342 in my xB and look at my sig to see what is happing in the 530. The only speaker location that I am changing is the tweet. they are being put in the a pillars. I will post pics when I am done but it has been a slow process since I don't have much time to work on it.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530iA E60

Hi,

Great job!

Which wiring harness you have used in this installation? I have tried to search throught Alpine website but it only tells wiring harnes for E39 not for E60

Best regards,
- Tommi

Quick Reply: Alpine vehiclehub Installation pics