E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Alpine vehiclehub Installation pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='402661' date='Mar 14 2007, 11:37 AM
I work for sbarro inside the orlando fashion square mall.u can come check out the install whenever u want to..ill be there tonight until 9:00pm. I'm not really sure when I'm gonna finish the job, but everything is working now..i really want to get the m-technic kit asap..unless u have previous alpine components this mod can be very expensive. I had the alpine nav, cd changer,dvd changer, processor,and other alpine stuff and manage to spent $2500..$400 for the hub, $700 for the navtv interface(paid too much, can actually get it for about $450 online), $750 in focal speakers, $150 in the lc8, $200 for a speed pulse generator for the navigation and other misc.and i still need to buy new amps and get a shop to do a box for the subs.

I might be able to talk to CDT directly, beleive it or not they have won a lot of accolades in europe. These speakers are not cheap but like i said i heard them with only stereo and they were something very special, the clarity was just insane. I hope we can hook up while im out in orlando. I sold an older set of CDT audios Es gold for 400 that i had these are worth about 7-800 check their site, they won't budge on price, they have to manufacturing plants in Europe and in lompoc california. The company doesn't consider themeselves a mass manufacturing car audio company but more of an engineering driven company.

Let me know if you know anyone that wants the Morel elates these are also amazing.

check www.cdtaudio.com
www.morelhifi.com i beleive this is the link if not do a search for morel elates
Old 03-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

most of my friends are cheap.they don't believe in spending more than $250 in speakers. they more into engine perfomance and racing.they couldn't believe I spent all that money on the focals. I've heard nothing but great things about morel and cdt.but as far as I know they don't have direct fit for our stock speaker location. I really didn't want to modify the door panel.
what kind of subs brands do u like?
I'm more into SQ not SPL. I have a pair of JL AUDIO 12W6V2..do u know any better subs than those..my friend wants to buy it from me.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Contributors

btw u can't control the audio setting in the steering wheel with the hub.but I saw that alpine makes a adapter that let's u control the hub basic functions from the steering wheel..dont know if I really want to get that deep.but u can still control the factory system from the steering wheel, but not the ipod or cd changer.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='402707' date='Mar 14 2007, 01:13 PM
btw u can't control the audio setting in the steering wheel with the hub.but I saw that alpine makes a adapter that let's u control the hub basic functions from the steering wheel..dont know if I really want to get that deep.but u can still control the factory system from the steering wheel, but not the ipod or cd changer.

From what you can hear and see i like out of the normal type of companies. The RE XXX if you can get them are ridiculous for SQ and SPL, Image Dynamics has been known to be very well regarded if not the most regarded in terms of SQ, if you can get yourself a pair of IDMAX then you are in great standing with the current system you have on. I myself went with a company called Soundsplinters, i did a lot of research, the Soundsplinters are known by very few people for SQ type of play, the motor is the same as Audio Adire Brahma which at one point was a a great SQ sub, unfortunately they ran in to some hard troubles and on their way out.

Soundsplinters are amazing subs for the price and the power

If you even compare the Soundsplinters to Jl audio for the price its just not worth it. RE XXX is probably a better suit but since they have become more popular pricing has gone up significantly, to be honest, with one RE XXX you don't need anything else. Trust me when i say these things are ridiculous.

Well if your friends are interested in the morels im williing to let them go for 300+ otherwise ill post them on ebay. Brand new in box. This will help me buy the Alpine TME M740BT that i was telling you about.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='402714' date='Mar 14 2007, 01:40 PM
From what you can hear and see i like out of the normal type of companies. The RE XXX if you can get them are ridiculous for SQ and SPL, Image Dynamics has been known to be very well regarded if not the most regarded in terms of SQ, if you can get yourself a pair of IDMAX then you are in great standing with the current system you have on. I myself went with a company called Soundsplinters, i did a lot of research, the Soundsplinters are known by very few people for SQ type of play, the motor is the same as Audio Adire Brahma which at one point was a a great SQ sub, unfortunately they ran in to some hard troubles and on their way out.

Soundsplinters are amazing subs for the price and the power

If you even compare the Soundsplinters to Jl audio for the price its just not worth it. RE XXX is probably a better suit but since they have become more popular pricing has gone up significantly, to be honest, with one RE XXX you don't need anything else. Trust me when i say these things are ridiculous.

Well if your friends are interested in the morels im williing to let them go for 300+ otherwise ill post them on ebay. Brand new in box. This will help me buy the Alpine TME M740BT that i was telling you about.

You are right about the midwoofers, there is just no way i would want to run 4" speakers in the door pannels, i had to modify its worth the sound stage.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='402715' date='Mar 14 2007, 01:41 PM
You are right about the midwoofers, there is just no way i would want to run 4" speakers in the door pannels, i had to modify its worth the sound stage.

There is a guy in here Merzow something i cant remember his avatar that installed some sick components in his 5 series with RE XXX as a Sub all in a custom enclosure, guess what the components were? Morel elates, you should check his set up its pretty intense.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Contributors

I heard a lot about the RE XXX in the sounddomain forum..do u know the price range? what size are the morel's.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='402736' date='Mar 14 2007, 02:18 PM
I heard a lot about the RE XXX in the sounddomain forum..do u know the price range? what size are the morel's.

They are 5 1/4 with a 1" tweeter

did you read up on them, great stuff on forums and other sites. I found some PDX amps that you were looking for extremely comfortable pircing on them.

pm me ill let you know where
Old 03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='402783' date='Mar 14 2007, 03:48 PM
They are 5 1/4 with a 1" tweeter

did you read up on them, great stuff on forums and other sites. I found some PDX amps that you were looking for extremely comfortable pircing on them.

pm me ill let you know where

look at this link for best components i will use the new generation CDT ES but heres the older version

http://www.buycdt.com/SpeakerWorks/stagefr...ES-62iUSX07.htm
Old 03-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I am in the same boat.... where I don't want to use 4" speakers, and I don't want to cut either. So I have been pondering what to do.

If I could have my choice, I would want to use Image Dynamics horns again. (I had horns in my 1994 Acura Legend coupe) They sound amazing, and can be installed easily without cutting into the factory panels. They simply strap to the underside of the dash. The stereo imaging is superior with horns, and they are very efficient with power.

For subwoofer, I have not yet decided on a brand.... although ImageDynamics has been a favorite of mine for a while. In the past 2 cars I had, I used three JL Audio 10W6 woofers. I've always liked JL Audio, but I don't want to go with as much bass this time around. I want to go with a single sub, in an aperiodic enclosure.

Quick Reply: Alpine vehiclehub Installation pics