E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

i Heiss55

did you replace your 8" subs on the front seat.

how the mid and low in the focal speakers that u have upfront?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='378933' date='Jan 16 2007, 08:13 AM
actory

Hi heiss55

i actually have one jl 12w6v2 sub from my previous set up. im keeping the factory radio . my plan is to hook up my factory to the alpine vehiclehup VPA-b222 and connect my alpine navigation, amplifier, alpine procesor and my ipod. i bought it with the nav-tv interface to keep everything looking stock. yes im looking for diagram on how to run the wires. i already got the instructionss on how to remove the door panel and dash. can u tell me where can i get the front and rear speaker output of the factory radio?..where exactly is the factory amplifier located? which high to low converter to buy. can u give me a model number please.
thanks in advance
nelson

I've been looking at that Alpine Vehicle hub thing.... how does that compare/contrast from the JL CleanSweep?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='379070' date='Jan 16 2007, 02:13 PM
I've been looking at that Alpine Vehicle hub thing.... how does that compare/contrast from the JL CleanSweep?
is two different products. the vehicle hub lets you add alpine stuff to your factory system..the cleansweep gives you a output signal from your source unit to aftermarket amps. alpine also is coming withthat. the model number is pxe-h650.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='378933
i Heiss55

did you replace your 8" subs on the front seat.

how the mid and low in the focal speakers that u have upfront?
At the time I didn't know that Earthquake had a sub that fit so perfectly under the front seats so no I didn't replace them. Looking back I may have gone that route, I'm not sure. I actually left the factory amp connected so the subs under the front seats are still firing, I may upgrade them at some point but that's way down on my list of things to do.

The mids and lows are amazing. I love the Focals. After I listened to them at Car Toys I knew that I wanted them. Some people will tell you that it's a waste to buy high end speakers, like Focals, and then keep your factory headunit, but I kind of disagree when it comes to this car. I would say that the Focals that fit this car aren't so high end that you end up wasting money and they still sound amazing.

Although, I definitely wouldn't buy anything that's nicer than these without replacing the headunit because then it would be a waste. With a factory headunit and these speakers you do loose just a little, but I personally would rather have the headunit be the weakest link in my system because then I know I can push the headunit to the max and not have to worry about anything else going wrong. Not too mention, I don't think the BMW headunit is all that bad, so overall my whole setup works for me.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Contributors

thanks for the reply.

how about the audiocontrol lc6 or lc8 line output converter? is it good?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='379185' date='Jan 16 2007, 02:59 PM
thanks for the reply.

how about the audiocontrol lc6 or lc8 line output converter? is it good?
Yeah, they're both good, but they're not really needed since you only have 4 channels.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure, but I think I went with the PAC OEM-2 line level converter for the speakers and a PAC SNI35 line level converter for the subs.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Members

My Ride: e60 titanium silver with cool day running halos and blue footwell tubes also puddles lights spots under car

DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY WIRES FROM MY SUBS UNDER MY FRONT SEATS GO
SO I CAN LINK THEM UP TO AMP AS I DONT GET MUCH SOUND FROM MY SUBS IN THE BOOT
I CANNOT FIND AMP IN THE BOOT BEHIND ANY PANELS

THANKS
MANNY

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='379141' date='Jan 16 2007, 10:51 PM
If you pull out the headunit, on the driver's side, near the bottom, there are a bunch of wires, those are what you're going to need to tap into to get a signal. I wish I had a picture or something to show you but I don't, and I don't remember which ones are which because I did it over a year ago. I suppose you could look at the input into your amplifier and then figure out which is which. The amplifier is in the trunk, once again on the driver's side. You just need to remove that paneling to get access to it. I don't remember what high to low converter I used, sorry. I also have a battery monitoring control system and a ground loop isolator just because my amps and subs draw so much power along with all the other electronics in the car. I know that probably doesn't help you a whole lot, if it ever gets above 40 degrees over here I'll try and pull my headunit out to see what I've got back there, but that may not be for a while.
At the time I didn't know that Earthquake had a sub that fit so perfectly under the front seats so no I didn't replace them. Looking back I may have gone that route, I'm not sure. I actually left the factory amp connected so the subs under the front seats are still firing, I may upgrade them at some point but that's way down on my list of things to do.

The mids and lows are amazing. I love the Focals. After I listened to them at Car Toys I knew that I wanted them. Some people will tell you that it's a waste to buy high end speakers, like Focals, and then keep your factory headunit, but I kind of disagree when it comes to this car. I would say that the Focals that fit this car aren't so high end that you end up wasting money and they still sound amazing.

Although, I definitely wouldn't buy anything that's nicer than these without replacing the headunit because then it would be a waste. With a factory headunit and these speakers you do loose just a little, but I personally would rather have the headunit be the weakest link in my system because then I know I can push the headunit to the max and not have to worry about anything else going wrong. Not too mention, I don't think the BMW headunit is all that bad, so overall my whole setup works for me.