E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

aftermarket rear entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 525i exclusive package, black saphire, beige interior, sun roof, steptronix box, stock standard

i am not a fan of mods/aftermarket fitments HOWEVER, as my daughter grows, it's getting more difficult to keeo her entertained on at the back during those long road trips. as a result i am looking for suggestions on rear entertainment systems e.g. dual dvd/screens with earphones etc. i prefer a secure fitment and not too manby wires lying around the car. any suggestions?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

was considering this myself since I actually had an older model installed in my MDX...a bit pricey but for clean look, nothing can beat Vizuallogic, IMO.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A4949A0A0.aspx
Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 525i exclusive package, black saphire, beige interior, sun roof, steptronix box, stock standard

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
was considering this myself since I actually had an older model installed in my MDX...a bit pricey but for clean look, nothing can beat Vizuallogic, IMO.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A4949A0A0.aspx
whoooaa! pricey you can say that again but, very neat compared to strapping to the seats...
Old 06-27-2010, 12:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this to my car

I'll post a DIY later
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Hatemax,

that looks good...reminds me of the Mercedes rear entertainment unit. Yes please do post a DIY for it. Hoping it wouldn't be too pricey though.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mSolve
whoooaa! pricey you can say that again but, very neat compared to strapping to the seats...

I currently have the strap system :thumbsdown: ...still searching for the best cost effective method with the OEM look. Have you looked at the rear view cam with the external source feature. Thought that decent in price but I still do not know where to put the DVD player though.

Good luck with the project.

RCT
Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I went with Invision Revolution II DVD Headrest replacements and am very happy with how the install turned out. It took me just over an hour from start to finish and tapped into power from the center armrest console whiles hiding the control module in the driver side seat back. The unit has an FM modulator so that you can broadcast sound through the car stereo system or alternatively you can also wire sound output to an iPod input if your car already has this. Wireless headsets are also standard with the kit. As a point to note, it also integrated perfectly with my powered headrest system.

Here's the website if you are interested. http://www.invisionindustries.com/s-...on-series.aspx

You can find this kit on eBay for around USD $800.00 or may be able to get an even better deal by contacting Lawrence over at Invision Industries directly. Actually I think they were recently acquired by Audiovox. These guys are an OEM supplier to BMW in the US and in Canada.

Good luck with your choice and install.
Attached Thumbnails aftermarket rear entertainment-invisionii.jpg  
Old 06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

great idea for a thread...

</subscribed
Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Ebays gotta be the best place to get bits like those man, and just DIY it, its not that complicated if you're not wanting to integrate it into the existing car entertainment system
Old 06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Premium Package, Navigation, Comfort Access, L7 Sound 2004 FX35, Sports Package, Stillen CAI

Originally Posted by Georgieb
I went with Invision Revolution II DVD Headrest replacements and am very happy with how the install turned out. It took me just over an hour from start to finish and tapped into power from the center armrest console whiles hiding the control module in the driver side seat back. The unit has an FM modulator so that you can broadcast sound through the car stereo system or alternatively you can also wire sound output to an iPod input if your car already has this. Wireless headsets are also standard with the kit. As a point to note, it also integrated perfectly with my powered headrest system.

Here's the website if you are interested. http://www.invisionindustries.com/s-...on-series.aspx

You can find this kit on eBay for around USD $800.00 or may be able to get an even better deal by contacting Lawrence over at Invision Industries directly. Actually I think they were recently acquired by Audiovox. These guys are an OEM supplier to BMW in the US and in Canada.

Good luck with your choice and install.
Thanks for the info. I contacted Lawrence and go by his office to see all options he has since he's local to me.

Quick Reply: aftermarket rear entertainment