E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I remember a thread that had this BMW site that produced aftermarket side corner lights and blinker lights....they have two different types of lights just for BMW...one is to cover the amber color while another one is a xenon blub which is blue...i forgot the site if someone could help me...I wanted to order aftermarket lights....Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

bimmian.com

Here's a post with pix & info:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=119805
Old 04-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 27 2005, 09:17 PM
I remember a thread that had this BMW site that produced aftermarket side corner lights and blinker lights....they have two different types of lights just for BMW...one is to cover the amber color while another one is a xenon blub which is blue...i forgot the site if someone could help me...I wanted to order aftermarket lights....Thanks
[snapback]121020[/snapback]

try http://www.eautoworks.com/html/light_bulbs.cfm

Old 04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by stream' date='Apr 27 2005, 07:34 PM
bimmian.com

[snapback]121029[/snapback]
I got the whole set from Bimmian. Turn signals front, rear & side. The rears don't light up nearly as bright as the factory bulbs. The sides make no noticeable difference in appearence and the two fronts literally Blew at the same time - see pic...

I wouldn't waste the money... again.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Lights-dscn0122.jpg  
Old 04-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Apr 27 2005, 06:38 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Apr 27 2005, 07:34 PM']bimmian.com

[snapback]121029[/snapback]
I got the whole set from Bimmian. Turn signals front, rear & side. The rears don't light up nearly as bright as the factory bulbs. The sides make no noticeable difference in appearence and the two fronts literally Blew at the same time - see pic...

I wouldn't waste the money... again.
[snapback]121067[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've used Philips Silver Vision bulbs on previous cars, but they don't make the front wedge type bulb, so I bought the Solaris bulbs. One of the rear bulbs arrived defective so I installed a Philips Sliver Vision I had lying around, and it was a bit brighter than the Solaris, so I have Philips in the rear and Solaris in the front and sides.

If anybody knows of another top tier manufacturer (like Philips, Sylvania, etc.) that makes the front 3457AK wedge type bulbs that are closer to the brightness of stock, I'd change the Solaris bulbs. Anybody?

I'd suggest getting a replacement set of fronts from bimmian--they have a customer service section on their site and they'll probably send them to you gratis.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I've used Philips Silver Vision bulbs on previous cars, but they don't make the front wedge type bulb, so I bought the Solaris bulbs. One of the rear bulbs arrived defective so I installed a Philips Sliver Vision I had lying around, and it was a bit brighter than the Solaris, so I have Philips in the rear and Solaris in the front and sides.

If anybody knows of another top tier manufacturer (like Philips, Sylvania, etc.) that makes the front 3457AK wedge type bulbs that are closer to the brightness of stock, I'd change the Solaris bulbs.? Anybody?

I'd suggest getting a replacement set of fronts from bimmian--they have a customer service section on their site and they'll probably send them to you gratis.
[snapback]121078[/snapback]
Thanks for the info. I don't have any problem with Bimmian myself. I've bought other products from them and have been happy but the Solaris bulbs really suck (imho). Although it's not the $$ it's the hassell, I'll try their customer service. Thanks for the tip.