E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket Front Control arms with Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need to replace my front control arms on both sides with bushings... what do you think about buying aftermarket arms for this part? i didnt think it would reduce my performance since there made out of the same material but i might be mistaken... the OEM is way to expensive compared to the aftermarket on this part and dont see much of an advantage... let me know any insight.. thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

Ecs tuning has some bushings. Other than that give Gary @Newport your parts #'s you can save money that way. A Lot of the aftermarket bushing companies dont have our application yet so we're stuck with factory for now
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

I just had to replace mine and on the aftermarket one, it was missing a place for a sensor of some sort. Dont really know what its for but i ended up forking out the dough for oem.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tiangco.a
I just had to replace mine and on the aftermarket one, it was missing a place for a sensor of some sort. Dont really know what its for but i ended up forking out the dough for oem.

i dont think theres a sensor on the actual control arm though... hmmmmm
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by 2exclusive
i dont think theres a sensor on the actual control arm though... hmmmmm

Maybe he means the ABS of FTM/TPMS sensor? I have an ABS sensor wire that connects around the caliper but not on the Control Arm
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Maybe he means the ABS of FTM/TPMS sensor? I have an ABS sensor wire that connects around the caliper but not on the Control Arm

yeah i guess... so should i just buy aftermarket or what... its toooo expensive OEM for this part
Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

yeah i guess... so should i just buy aftermarket or what... its toooo expensive OEM for this part

replaced my control arms with aftermarket one. fitment was perfect!! and used OEM BMW Bushings instead of the ones that came with the aftermarket arms... i spent 160.00- includes both control arms off S.V.B imports on Ebay... everything worked out great. good way to save money.. the ride is perfect now. NO more Clunk
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

replaced my control arms with aftermarket one. fitment was perfect!! and used OEM BMW Bushings instead of the ones that came with the aftermarket arms... i spent 160.00- includes both control arms off S.V.B imports on Ebay... everything worked out great. good way to save money.. the ride is perfect now. NO more Clunk
Good to hear, glad it worked out for you Do you still have the link to the arms you bought on eBay? At some point I will need them and it would be nice to have a trusted vendor to go to (although I may have some custom Urethane bushings made )
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Good to hear, glad it worked out for you Do you still have the link to the arms you bought on eBay? At some point I will need them and it would be nice to have a trusted vendor to go to (although I may have some custom Urethane bushings made )
this is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Not to rain on your parade, but AFAIK a/m bushings and NYC roads don't get along. Especially, on German cars...

I'm sure its not the same as Audi in many ways, but when I had my A6, I replaced control arms with a/m and they failed after a week. So I had them replaced under warranty and they failed the SAME DAY!!! Again. And the seller (a local shop) just flat out told me to go and buy OEM parts. He didn't refund me either. That was a "great" experience... hope everyone else can avoid it...

GL

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Front Control arms with Bushings