E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want more power from the Car which exhaust is the best, B/B?
Borla

I have a 545i Sport

I am getting My ECU Tuned this month after the dealer fixes all this other stuff under warranty

Did anyone Dyno the car? I am not concerned with sound, just overall power gained.

I know eisenman do not gain much in terms of real power but look nice and are not too much money
Old 03-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributors

straight pipes
Old 03-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Contributors

Straight pipes? Tell me you're kidding. I'd get the B&B. You can research it on there site.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ziering545I' date='Mar 14 2005, 01:06 PM
I want more power from the Car which exhaust is the best, B/B?
Borla

I have a 545i Sport

I am getting My ECU Tuned this month after the dealer fixes all this other stuff under warranty

Did anyone Dyno the car? I am not concerned with sound, just overall? power gained.

I know eisenman do not gain much in terms of real power but look nice and are not too much money
[snapback]101384[/snapback]

Eisenmann not too much money? They are one of the most expensive. Check with Eisenhaus, for their Kellener's system. They have a system mapped to their ECU, not sure if it's characteristics would map to your ECU reprogram or not.

My seat of the pants feel tells me I probably didn't gain much if anything, especially on the low end. Relative to performance, I don't think the exhaust system is the weak link on our cars (although it could be I suppose if you chnge any of the dynamics, i.e. chipping).
Old 03-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Guest_Ziering545i_*

You may be right on the weak link part but I can bet the OEM rear box is restrictive

I would get a Supersprint Full System but I do not think they are made as of yet, they make excellent products

My ECU remap supposedly will gain 35more ftbs and 33bhp This is not a GIAC or DINAN product, a friend does alot of High End tuning and is getting the program from his German partner with the special adaptor, these ECU are not very easy to tune, you have to use a special BDM flash process and not many US places have this equipment. Cost is $2200 USD

All I know is that when I do it I will dyno the car afterwards and chekc my sprints to 60MPH

In the meantime I want to do something to see if anything changes or adds to it.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 PM
JDN
Contributors

Straight pipes is the right answer, IMO. If I got any extra boost from Mr. Remus, somebody forgot to tell the seat of my pants.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I have the Eisenmann Quad exhaust. IMO there isn't much power gained but i like how the exhaust sounds..
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 14 2005, 05:39 PM
I have the Eisenmann Quad exhaust. IMO there isn't much power gained but i like how the exhaust sounds..?
[snapback]101522[/snapback]
I have a 545i. At the dealer this weekend, I started up a 645i to check a possible engine vibration I am having. I liked the little extra sound of the 645i.

Is the Eisenmann Quad a good way to go for a little more sound without being too load on the road?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

My B&B makes the car sound awesome but I have no quantifiable data to support any HP gains. I know that the exhaust (read "muffler") is much lighter and much less restrictive. That would lead one to beleive that there would be an HP gain, but who knows. I really don't care. The sound makes me happy every time I start the car, or downshift, or up shift, or let off the gas, or floor it, etc. Therefore the price is worth it for me. And even though it is most likely not a big gain in HP if any, I don't see how it could be a negative as far as perfomance goes.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Members

My Ride: Jap Snail with 4 bangers

I like this.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust