E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aftermarket Brake pads......

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008 | 07:34 AM
Members

I am going to replace my rotors and brake pads soon.

I am currently using the low dust Axxis pads. When I first put them on I noticed increased pedal effort and maybe a 10% reduction in braking performance. However, with the stock pads, I was going nuts cleaning the wheels twice a week! The tradeoff with the Axxis pads is that I never have to clean my wheels beyond a normal car wash. All I can say about tthat is Wahoo!

Now that I need new rotors, I would like to get the braking performance back. The question is, will I be happy with the Axxis Ultra Street pads? They are supposed to be more agressive than stock, but does this mean I'm back to all that brake dust of the past?

I'd like to hear from poeple who actually have these pads.

Thanks,
Old 12-15-2008 | 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Carbotech pads would be another one to consider....as per this thread...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=67188
Old 12-15-2008 | 12:18 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

I can get you performance rotors and Axxis Deluxe brake pads
Old 12-16-2008 | 05:49 AM
Members

I currently have the axxis deluxe low dust pads and I love that i don't have to clean my wheels twice a week anymore. however, they do not stop as well as the original stock pads. I would like to get the braking performance back. The question is, will I be happy with the more aggeressive Axxis Ultra Street pads? They are supposed to be more agressive than stock, but does this mean I'm back to all that brake dust of the past?

I'd like to hear from poeple who actually have Axxis Ultra Street pads.

TIA
Old 12-16-2008 | 08:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by Deano' post='746379' date='Dec 16 2008, 08:49 AM
I currently have the axxis deluxe low dust pads and I love that i don't have to clean my wheels twice a week anymore. however, they do not stop as well as the original stock pads. I would like to get the braking performance back. The question is, will I be happy with the more aggeressive Axxis Ultra Street pads? They are supposed to be more agressive than stock, but does this mean I'm back to all that brake dust of the past?

TIA
Me too!!
Old 12-16-2008 | 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Deano' post='746379' date='Dec 16 2008, 08:49 AM

TIA
I have the Axxis Ultimate Brake pads. As for braking performance, they are in par or even slightly better than the stock pads. At first after I got the brake pads changed I thought they were still the OEM because they feel the same. They definitely has less brake dust than the OEM's but I don't think they reduce it as much the Deluxe's. So I guess there must be a sacrifice between brake dust and performance.

I think the Ultimate brake pads is the best because it gives you the benefit of both world.
Old 12-16-2008 | 10:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530i 87 325is 85 VW GTI

I have axxis ultimate cermanic pads on my other BMW. They dust more then the deluxe pads i have on my e60 and do not grip as well when they are cold. They are better once they have some heat in them. And i've tried dozens of sport compounds. I used to swap pads every two months. But to answer your questions nothing i've tried gives you that initial bite like an organic pad. Unless you upgrade your brakes.
Old 12-17-2008 | 11:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by einstein57' post='746533' date='Dec 16 2008, 02:20 PM
I have axxis ultimate cermanic pads on my other BMW. They dust more then the deluxe pads i have on my e60 and do not grip as well when they are cold. They are better once they have some heat in them. And i've tried dozens of sport compounds. I used to swap pads every two months. But to answer your questions nothing i've tried gives you that initial bite like an organic pad. Unless you upgrade your brakes.
I definately want someting that is good when cold.

So, If the brake fairy was to give you your option of replacing the brakes on your E60 for free including labor, all bedded in and ready for you first thing in the morning, which pads would put on it? Low dust Deluxe's, or Ultimate's?
Old 12-17-2008 | 12:24 PM
Members

I have to go with performance...clean wheels don't mean anything if your front quarter panels smashed in.
Old 12-17-2008 | 02:55 PM
Senior Members

LMAO true +1