E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

after market electronics

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the bluetooth retrofit kit is to dear, I am considering having a standard Sony one installed. I'm interested in those GPS based radar detecters aswell. Not really keen on letting any old monkey take my baby apart though. Is there anybody that can recommend a car electrics installation/supplier in the north London or Hertfordshire-ish region? Preferably one that has seen an E60 before..

Also, does anybody have any experience with road-angel or origin?
Old 08-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

i sometimes post to bm3w.co.uk as far as gps/speed trap stuff goes this guy's co. gets a lot of good press and they've started offering installs to as well as just "supply only". friend of mine got OriginB2 and has been very pleased with it

http://www.mobilecentre.co.uk/

i've never used them but i might soon as i to am considering getting some sort of gps device...was thinking about a jammer (LRC100 seems to be popular) but have started reading a few two many posts about Mr Plod getting heavy on drivers with jammers fitted. One example detailed Mr Plod recording the licence plates for vehicles they could not get a reading from (as those cars probably had a jammer) and then turning up at the owners house days later to question them and in some case charge these people with "preventing the police from carrying out their duties" !!!
Old 08-06-2004, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

Doc D has the origin B2 in his car
Old 08-06-2004, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think DD's 12-step program is working for him. I can't recall seeing him around much these days...

(Note to self: Get in touch with DD and ask him how the hell he did that! )
Old 08-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Aug 6 2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks, I've contacted them.

Will keep you guys posted.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2004 525 Amethyst grey, Heated front seats, bluetooth prep, Adaptive Xenons, 6 CD changer, Front & Rear PDC, retro-fit 6 DVD changer in boot (trunk) with remote control plus headrest screens and IR headphones, Playstation connection to cabin, twin 12v outlets in rear cabin

You could try Thenavigationcompany.com based in Hertford for a radar installation. They did my retro fit headrest screens and 6-DVD changer and did a really nice job.

Good luck
Old 08-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

PeterT, the headrest screen DVD setup sounds interesting...how much was that?
Could you possibly post some pics ?....pls.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by PeterT' date='Aug 6 2004, 11:44 AM
You could try Thenavigationcompany.com based in Hertford for a radar installation. They did my retro fit headrest screens and 6-DVD changer and did a really nice job.

Good luck
I've got only one thing to say...............
Attached Thumbnails after market electronics-worthlesspics.gif  
Old 08-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2004 525 Amethyst grey, Heated front seats, bluetooth prep, Adaptive Xenons, 6 CD changer, Front & Rear PDC, retro-fit 6 DVD changer in boot (trunk) with remote control plus headrest screens and IR headphones, Playstation connection to cabin, twin 12v outlets in rear cabin

Here are some pics as requested. Looks like I have to do them one by one so apologies for that.
Attached Thumbnails after market electronics-imgp1353.jpg  
Old 08-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Members

Here's the next one (2 of 6)
Attached Thumbnails after market electronics-imgp1354.jpg  

Quick Reply: after market electronics