5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   AFE and REMUS sound clips (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/afe-remus-sound-clips-40310/)

sleepyca31 05-20-2007 02:07 PM

Ok so all I could do was use my camara phone on video mode to capture a few sound clips-so excuse the video as its all over the place but sound is what I was aiming for.

HEADPHONES are a must as always-sounds about 5 times more like in person with the phones on.

there are 2 clips

-one is inside the cabin windows up, from a stop and flooring it through the end of 3rd gear. For some reason the best sound is at the very top of third gear, love it.

-stand still windows open in neutral just revving. First couple revs I hit redline (woops:( ) so the sound at the peak is a bit off but the last 2 revs in there are indicitive of the sound and sounds good.

hopefully the links work

(windows closed)

(windows open)

Breae60 05-20-2007 04:46 PM

That's what I call music. Look what you did, now I must run a purchase order through my CFO, "The Wife"

JDN 05-20-2007 07:39 PM

Great windup and first shift. Was that SMG or stick? Sounded like a good stick shift.

sleepyca31 05-20-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JDN' post='426660' date='May 20 2007, 08:39 PM
Great windup and first shift. Was that SMG or stick? Sounded like a good stick shift.

How I longed for an SMG but couldnt find one-its actually the gool ole steptronic slushbox but I have driven SMG and other than the loss of power through the slusher, the steptronic shifts fast enough for me to the point where I do not notice much difference between it and an SMG-but I love the SMG

Hey I see you have a similar setup-remus and a dinan. Your clip sounds awesome but I would love to hear an inside the car run to compare to mine-curiosu how the big V8 sounds with the stuff v. my I6-I am betting yours just sounds even meaner and would love to hear-so if you get a chance that would be great.

By the way are you happy with your remus and dinan? Dinan didnt make one for the 530 but I have heard its pretty good

JDN 05-20-2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='426661' date='May 20 2007, 10:47 PM
How I longed for an SMG but couldnt find one-its actually the gool ole steptronic slushbox but I have driven SMG and other than the loss of power through the slusher, the steptronic shifts fast enough for me to the point where I do not notice much difference between it and an SMG-but I love the SMG

Hey I see you have a similar setup-remus and a dinan. Your clip sounds awesome but I would love to hear an inside the car run to compare to mine-curiosu how the big V8 sounds with the stuff v. my I6-I am betting yours just sounds even meaner and would love to hear-so if you get a chance that would be great.

By the way are you happy with your remus and dinan? Dinan didnt make one for the 530 but I have heard its pretty good

I probably won't be making any more clips, but would be surprised if it sounded as good as yours listening outside the window. Mine appears to be much quieter - probably the nature of the difference in the engines. I had a 3X loaner one time and fell in love with the sound of that six cylinder stock exhaust.

I am very happy with the Dinan/Remus set up, especially the sound on open throttle just before the high RPM shifts.