E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by dentity
So I actually dont have all the parts to do a complete reinstall of the stock suspension?

I am going to have to have the car flat bedded up to turnermotorssports or to the dealership crap fuck this is gonna be 7 hr install yes?

He's saying you DO have all the parts, just that SOME of them were reused to install your coils. They just weren't mated to the coils properly. You can reinstall the stock suspension, but I would get those coils replaced - I wouldn't trust them now.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Originally Posted by pjinca
He's saying you DO have all the parts, just that SOME of them were reused to install your coils. They just weren't mated to the coils properly. You can reinstall the stock suspension, but I would get those coils replaced - I wouldn't trust them now.
In my mind those coils will not be re-installed on my car. I will bring my car over to an installer to put my suspension back in and then I will have turner sport verify if the coil overs were defective. If they are good... someone on this forum is going to be very happy with price of 3 coil overs...plus one if it lived...

shit what a day...

Any suggestions on how to get the dealership to verify the install later that it is up to spec without causing a problem for my cpo of my car and extended service?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

So I actually dont have all the parts to do a complete reinstall of the stock suspension?

It looks like you need a new top hat. Do you have the old suspension? if you do, check for a washer, this is located on the top portion of the old shocks where it fits the neck of the shocks just before the threads

I am going to have to have the car flat bedded up to turnermotorssports or to the dealership crap fuck this is gonna be 7 hr install yes?
You can still drive it carefully avoiding bumps and potholes, anything that is damage is done anyway.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
You can still drive it carefully avoiding bumps and potholes, anything that is damage is done anyway.
thanks... I will actually drive it to the shop and leave it in the morning at 8am. Please if anyone else has some thougts please add them... I need to get some sleep... did not get much last night. thank you all again for the constant review. wish I could buy you all a drink
Attached Thumbnails Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?-beer-girls_9690.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

In my mind those coils will not be re-installed on my car. I will bring my car over to an installer to put my suspension back in and then I will have turner sport verify if the coil overs were defective. If they are good... someone on this forum is going to be very happy with price of 3 coil overs...plus one if it lived...

shit what a day...

Any suggestions on how to get the dealership to verify the install later that it is up to spec without causing a problem for my cpo of my car and extended service?
I believe you can still use the coilover, I don't believe it is damage. It is the top hat from your OEM suspension( the one that was reuse is the one damage and you can just get it from the Dealer and use it to mount the coilover back. Make sure the washer goes into the neck portion of the shocks before you mount and screw back the top hat. Check your OEM suspension and look for a washer that fit the neck of the top portion of the shocks, this the one close to the threads of the very tip of the shcoks.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

It will be on this order, washer, top hat , washer and nut
Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Contributors

I have not yet been able to see my car today because the car's install mistakes have been corrected. At the moment my car is at a shop awaiting a full alignment first thing in the morning before work. ( I love this new shop near me. they open early 7am)

Positive update:

1 Installer admitted that they made multiple mistakes on the install.

2 They flat bedded my car to their shop and had the mistakes corrected.

3 The car is waiting to have the front end aligned tomorrow morning and then I will finally see if the settings are what I like.

From the photos I have to say it looks good. I am really interested in the how tight and responsive the suspension (H&R.) So i will update this later tomorrow.

Lessons learned:

Definitely go to a EXPERIENCED suspension installer....need I say more... if anyone questions this look at my videos.

i would definitely go and look at other cars from the different suspension companies. There are a few, at least 5 that I would consider and physically riding in them is the only way. Next time I will definitely consider the K sports that are highly spoken about on this thread. Tomorrow i will know and will take it from there.

I do have to say thank you to the people that walked me through questions and all that gave feed back. It is much easier when people respond. Jokes, comments... anything it helps. (when that rod broke through I was pretty f'in pissed off) So here's to a great forum. And the better the jokes the easier it is for those of us who have no clue. Here are some updated photos that were sent to me from the shop because I was not able to get out of work today.

There should be at least 1.5 finger gap on all four and no diving, no rods busting into the cabin, no uncontrolled car jumping across the road or the back end coming around...
Attached Thumbnails Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?-dsc02175noface.jpg   Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?-dsc02177.jpeg   Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?-dsc02181noplate.jpg   Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?-dsc02178.jpeg  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

hurray! looks like so far things are headed in the right direction. please update us tomorrow.

michael
acute performance
Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Happy to hear that things seem to have turned out well.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

I'm glad everything worked out right

Quick Reply: Adding suspension upgrades to my 07 550I What should I expect?