E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Active Cruise Control / Heated Seats Retrofit ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Anybody every fitted the active cruise control as a retrofit ??? I have standard cruise on my car which is an auto box, if that makes a difference.....

I have the fully electric comfort seat option, sadly the prat who specced this car forgot about some heat , is heat easy to retrofit to this seat type ??

Also looking to retrofit the TV to my car, I have the professional sat nav and bluetooth /multimedia pack fitted atm, BMW's price was just stupid.

I tried BMW direct with the CC and heat, they dont list either as retrofit options..........

TIA
Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Contributors

mark there is a guy on ebay that is selling an interface so as to enable TV/DVD on the move using your screen for ?169, apparantly they work very well.
you would just have to add a stand alone small DVD player, in the glovebox or under your passenger seat.

heated seats....love them, i retro fitted the compleate seats into my 535d
you think your guy specced wrongly my previous owner specified cloth non electric seats...talk about povity spec
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

This is a good question: can the heat feature be retrofitted on a car that doesn't have?
If I had to bet... Imho yes, but... You have to find someone enough skilled.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 530D Sport E61

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='741355' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:19 PM
mark there is a guy on ebay that is selling an interface so as to enable TV/DVD on the move using your screen for ?169, apparantly they work very well.
you would just have to add a stand alone small DVD player, in the glovebox or under your passenger seat.

heated seats....love them, i retro fitted the compleate seats into my 535d
you think your guy specced wrongly my previous owner specified cloth non electric seats...talk about povity spec
Cloth seats in a 535!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

My was from new owner by BMW Direct Lease, and leased to a single business owner / user.

I imagine in which case someone at BMW specced this car, which makes the lack of heat on comfort seats even more unforgivable lol........

I had heat in my E46 320d SE, the car I traded in for this one, missing that feature dearly now in this biting cold.......

If anyone can suggest a company to undertake that work to retrofit heat I would be glad of advice

( PS, cloth in a 535 is just wrong lol , in fact cloth in a 5 series is plain wrong - Mark and Lard moment, no neeeeeeeeed )
Old 12-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi All ACC fan's

Here a littel information on CC & ACC's

Yes I have fitted the ACC , it can be done , but it isen't "just" to do , did take me over 4 months before I suceeded to get it work proberly there to BMW dealership's diden't had a clou on this tema/re-fit , and how to code this re-fit option into the car's computer ( hade never done this before , it is not a re-fit option i the BMW list ).

The problem is that there is 3 types of CC/ACC's 1: the normal CC , ACC1 & ACC2 with "stop" & "go" function , depend witch year the car was built.

Normal CC you can get in all models.( standard in the most I gees )

ACC1 up until 09/05

ACC2 from 09/05 and forward's

When you code the car's computer after a re-fit of ACC1 or ACC2 , BMW dealership must use different SAxxx code's

Normal CC = Code SA540

ACC1 = Code SA541

ACC2 = Code SA544

If thy get that wrong , it won't function proberly , and that was the case by my car.

Hope this clarifye's it a littel
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='740199' date='Dec 8 2008, 12:41 AM
Anybody every fitted the active cruise control as a retrofit ??? I have standard cruise on my car which is an auto box, if that makes a difference.....

I have the fully electric comfort seat option, sadly the prat who specced this car forgot about some heat , is heat easy to retrofit to this seat type ??

Also looking to retrofit the TV to my car, I have the professional sat nav and bluetooth /multimedia pack fitted atm, BMW's price was just stupid.

I tried BMW direct with the CC and heat, they dont list either as retrofit options..........

TIA
+1 I wish I had heated seats as well. What's involved? I have the premium package.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Contributors

mark to be honist mate its much eaiser to sell your seats and buy a full set of 20 way heated leather from an M5,
the guy that ordered cloth for my car was a (loonatic) vegiterian, i know him well

you will get good money for your seats, and then you can get the 3 way heated memory ones. plug and play, just need to buy the seat controls that fit where the PDC buttons are..if you get stuck..i have a spare set of these buttons.

good luck.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

the guy that ordered cloth for my car was a (loonatic) vegiterian, i know him well
BUHAHAHAHAHAH

Dave...

My seats are the fully electric jobbies with memory already, the only bit they miss is heat I think, comfort access as well etc, the only difference with the M5 seats is that active lumbar adjustment, heating and air flow or some such shizzle isnt it ? and of course the more sporty design.

BenAnd.....

Do you happen to have a part list at all ?? also was it hard to fit those parts etc ? possible costs ? thanks in advance mate
Old 12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='742150' date='Dec 10 2008, 12:41 PM
BUHAHAHAHAHAH

Dave...

My seats are the fully electric jobbies with memory already, the only bit they miss is heat I think, comfort access as well etc, the only difference with the M5 seats is that active lumbar adjustment, heating and air flow or some such shizzle isnt it ? and of course the more sporty design.

BenAnd.....

Do you happen to have a part list at all ?? also was it hard to fit those parts etc ? possible costs ? thanks in advance mate
Hi

You need of curse the right ACC ( ACC1 or ACC2 , can see your car is a 05 , but not when in 05 ) , cost at E-bay i gees 3-400USD

Then other parts for ca. 4-500USD , 2 x presure switc's ( 1 for front axel + 1 for rear axel braking system ) , some wire , connectors for the presure switc's and one for the ACC itself.

A lot of skill and diagram understanding ( acces to a BMW WDS DVD ), and at least get the ACC tuned in the right position ( only BMW can do this ) + programed the code SA541 by BMW.

Totaly cost ca. 1500-2000USD

Here some pitcure's from mounting the ACC1

Quick Reply: Active Cruise Control / Heated Seats Retrofit ?