E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ACM and reverse camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone installed part 66210303079 a retrofit reverse camera? Can you have side and front cameras with this? i have professional navigation with TV. is this worth having or should I get the ACM and install the cameras and have the luxury of the usb option etc.

I am also told the new ACM has been discouraged by BMW Australia as they are having some problems. Bullshit or what? The SA tells me you can only use the revised ACM on the latest model car when it is released. Sounds like more BS. Any help as to which option. After all I realy only need the cameras but USB would be cool.

cheers,

JC
Old 12-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cookceramics' post='735698' date='Dec 2 2008, 05:42 AM
Has anyone installed part 66210303079 a retrofit reverse camera? Can you have side and front cameras with this? i have professional navigation with TV. is this worth having or should I get the ACM and install the cameras and have the luxury of the usb option etc.

I am also told the new ACM has been discouraged by BMW Australia as they are having some problems. Bullshit or what? The SA tells me you can only use the revised ACM on the latest model car when it is released. Sounds like more BS. Any help as to which option. After all I realy only need the cameras but USB would be cool.

cheers,

JC
Hmm? Never heard about that before. Prolly BS, but it might be somewhat true. I would go for the ACM, I dont have one right now but been looking into who I can get to ship it to me from Europe. GL
Old 12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

You can buy OEM front and rear cameras but although the ETK shows a side camera available they aren't.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=47600

But you can buy after market front and rear cameras too and I just sold mine to a forum member. But look at my signature for ACM installs and rear camera.

Nick has the new ACM on his E60 and so far I've not seen him complain here.