E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Abrieb Tuning Device from Ebay works great!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Paul: any update on those readings? A good diagnostics device hooked upto the engine with the box plugged in would solve most queries.

Also if someone can get a dyno run it would give us exact figures.

Has anyone used this app on their iPhone called dynolicious? It apparently works pretty well in giving bhp, torque and other performance figures via the iPhones accelometer.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

No cash at the moment, have a project on the go so skint.

I was thinking though, even with an OBD reader we won't be able to see the increased fuel pressure as the box is fooling the ecu into thinking the fuel pressure is lower than it actually is so when you read it through OBD it will read correct.

Not sure how we can tell unless we rig up a pressure gauge but at over 1700bar that is a bit dodgy
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 535D touring with M-Sport paket

Pulling this thread out of the pile...

So, I've order mine, also from EBAY, on the UK site, because much cheaper than on the german Ebay(???)

Anyhow, I've just installed it this morning (535D touring 02/2006). 5 minutes work, because the part is install on the end of the common rail, on the front side on the engine. The engine was still warm. I've started it up - everything as usual. Idle RPM is the same, no oscillation or whatsoever.
Had a small drive, but still very slipery here this morning (-0.5?C when I tried..) OK, I'll try it later in the afternoon.

So, now tested.
1) it pulls stronger. I would say that the engine is more "agressive" when being pushed, otherwise, as smooth as usual
2) The general sound stays exactly the same. I was expecting a bit more noise from the injection, nothing like that.

I'll check the fuel consumption later these days, and I'll post it here.

So, for 61.8?, it was worth to try !
Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Until someone can add some proof to their theory on how this and that tuning box works I think its only fair to call it a THEORY.

In that case it leaves me open minded about what exactly is going on, even 2 reputable REMAPPERS cannot agree how those boxes are supposed to work when I questioned them, let alone here say on these forums.

FWIW I have been running this tuning box on mine for the last month and a bit, very impressed. My last dry run with my Gtech Pro RR gave the following results....

0-60 - 6.290secs
1/4 Mile - 14.3secs @ 93mph even tho I pressed the throttle too hard and it kicked down a couple of times !! ( wasting time and TV )

My car weighs 1750kg on the local trade centre weighbridge.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Contributors

I've spoken with the Local BMW technician, from the official Agency.
He told me this:
Knowing that the high pressure pump delivers always the same very high pressure, that the common rail pressure is regulated at a lower value (determine by the ECU with a lot of inputs) and as the part is fitted on the end of the common rail, connected on the pressure regulator of the rail, the "chip" is tweaking the signal of the pressure regulator from the rail, in order to have a higher pressure inside the injector when injecting.
Higher pressure means better vaporisation, maybe a bit more of diesel injected. that's all.

This does make sense to me. so quite happy with it !
Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

So in theory..........get a proper remap done by a tuning house, then add one of these tuning boxes for some mental gains, even if it does self destruct at some time in the future
Old 01-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Funny thing is all the people who are giving positive feedbacks etc, talking for this gadget seem to have less than 5 posts... hmm multiple accounts buy areieb tuning? I think so... rofl
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

All newbs with less than 7 posts... All speaking FOR the "resisitor trick" device.. HMmmmmm scam? I think so.

djmerlino
bobafett
Fastdsl
Etienne76
Old 01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

Well im actually running a proper test here, comparing various "tuning boxes" and a proper remap, so far this el cheapo Abrieb box seems to be doing exactly what it said in the advert on Ebay, more power, more performance, better fuel economy, we shall see what the rollers say when I get the final deal with my local RR sorted out.

Gut feeling so far is that its unbeatable value for money.......I paid ?68 GBP inc shipping.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Hey Guys, wait a minute !

I'm not coming on this forum to push on these stuffs. I'm the happy owner of a 535D, And going through the threads, I discover that for 60 euros, you can have some nice added boost. I go for it, and, AS THE PURPOSE OF A FORUM IS ALSO TO GIVE FEED BACK, I just post my feed back about the thing, just so that everybody can take advantage of the information. So what, because I've only a few post, it is questionnable ????

Quick Reply: Abrieb Tuning Device from Ebay works great!!