E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

70% tint front windshield 3M crystalline- Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, last week I was at www.tintfactory.net where I was dropping off my Q7 for a ventureshield clearbra. Which btw, I have on my bmw for 6 months now and it's been awesome. Paid for itself already as I got a swipe from a white car that the clearbra took the brunt of. I just buffed it off the clearbra.

Anyway, while I was there they were doing a front windshield on a car. Intrigued I asked them about it, and they said there was a new 3M tint called Crystalline (I googled it when I went home) got the info here
http://www.nightvisiontints.com/
Anyway it lets thru 70% of the light so you can barely tell it's there yet it has the heat reduction of almost what a limo tint has. It's night and day in terms of how much heat gets in the car. I got the sunroof and windshield done and so far, best mod yet.

It keeps the car much cooler, the A/C runs one level yes while driving and getting in the car after parked in the sun for a few hours is now not HOT. I got it done for both my cars, the Audi has the panoramic sunroof so I got all 3 panels done.

At night it also slightly cuts down on incoming headlight glare.

George and Frank are awesome at tintfactory. Super nice guys, attention to detail is amazing. They actually redid my bmw today since it looked like there was one little spec on the film on my bimmer. I could have lived with it since it was on the edge of the passenger side, but they offered to redo it because of their attention to detail. Which I took them up for it.

They have now done both my cars venturshield, and now front windshields/sunroofs. On the audi I did the kids side windows too.

The front windshield!! who knew...
Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Members

It's done inside or outside of the winshield? And how much if youn don't mind me asking?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by hstan545i' post='546612' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:15 PM
It's done inside or outside of the winshield? And how much if youn don't mind me asking?
Inside. $250. The comfort level on the inside of my car increased exponentially for the price though. well worth it.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

hmm very interesting... thanks for sharing!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

i wonder how is this compare to v-kool
it's also 70% and i had it on my front windows
and also the heat rejection is superior, even more so than the darkest tint out there
just had it in the front windows but not the windshield though...
Old 04-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

does anyone know of a tint shop in orange county that has this tint?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim/Anthracite Headliner Premium and Sport Package Comfort Access/Navigation/HD Radio/iPod/Logic 7/SAT/PDC Sprintbooster Split Second Turbo Tuner BMC Air Filter

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='546601' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, last week I was at www.tintfactory.net where I was dropping off my Q7 for a ventureshield clearbra. Which btw, I have on my bmw for 6 months now and it's been awesome. Paid for itself already as I got a swipe from a white car that the clearbra took the brunt of. I just buffed it off the clearbra.

Anyway, while I was there they were doing a front windshield on a car. Intrigued I asked them about it, and they said there was a new 3M tint called Crystalline (I googled it when I went home) got the info here
http://www.nightvisiontints.com/
Anyway it lets thru 70% of the light so you can barely tell it's there yet it has the heat reduction of almost what a limo tint has. It's night and day in terms of how much heat gets in the car. I got the sunroof and windshield done and so far, best mod yet.

It keeps the car much cooler, the A/C runs one level yes while driving and getting in the car after parked in the sun for a few hours is now not HOT. I got it done for both my cars, the Audi has the panoramic sunroof so I got all 3 panels done.

At night it also slightly cuts down on incoming headlight glare.

George and Frank are awesome at tintfactory. Super nice guys, attention to detail is amazing. They actually redid my bmw today since it looked like there was one little spec on the film on my bimmer. I could have lived with it since it was on the edge of the passenger side, but they offered to redo it because of their attention to detail. Which I took them up for it.

They have now done both my cars venturshield, and now front windshields/sunroofs. On the audi I did the kids side windows too.

The front windshield!! who knew...
How do you deal with the inspection and registration sticker on the windshield? Did he cut around the stickers? I'd love to see some pics, and perhaps some closeup of the cuts around the stickers.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

70%? Bahh.

I had 32% tint put on my front windshield.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim/Anthracite Headliner Premium and Sport Package Comfort Access/Navigation/HD Radio/iPod/Logic 7/SAT/PDC Sprintbooster Split Second Turbo Tuner BMC Air Filter

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='561406' date='Apr 14 2008, 04:03 PM
70%? Bahh.

I had 32% tint put on my front windshield.

wtf, 32% on front? i noticed you're pic had no registration/inspection stickers on the windshield. how are u managing that?
Old 04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My '01 740i windshield had (factory installed) an IR in-glass film that reduced solar heat build-up. It had cut-outs for Ezpass and Radar Detectors and because the infrared film was between the layers of glass there was no problem with state registration and inspection stickers.

Quick Reply: 70% tint front windshield 3M crystalline- Awesome!