E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

6k hid's for pre lci

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yes, from what is discussed in another thread, the "ProjectorE60" from Umnitza seems to be an option. I have no first hand experience with it, and so far, we've only had one member on the board to give feedback about it, so there's not enough aggregated consensus to recommend or advise against right now.

Using the conversion harness, plug and play is only for LCI halogen. As I mentioned above, if you want, you can just drop a kit in there to replace the halogen bulbs. Most members on here with LCI halogen have done this with favorable result.

In theory, it is possible to make an "almost" plug and play harness for the LCI xenons, however, it would still require you to have coding done, not to mention many other parts that are required to purchase (which you probably don't want to spend the money for). However, it would be the same thing as pre-LCI xenon where if you don't get the rear sensors and wiring, you will not have the adaptives feature work. Additionally, it will require you to upgrade to LCI tails as well if you do a proper upgrade. There is a way to do it without, but it is rather improper, and anyone that's willing to do it for you would be silly to offer warranty for the work.
ah, gotcha. so an lci halogen is my safest bet.
when you say "drop in a kit" i am assuming you mean a hid kit or some sort of bulb/ ballast..?

i appreciate your time for the answers!
( i have been checking out some of your work you have done for board members as far as coding, and orion install and you appear to be becoming a legend for this stuff )
-Bill