E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

550i tune - reflash

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5

Originally Posted by dbae1978
i just got the RPi/ESS Stage 1 Tune, RPi/ESS SMG Tune, and am going in to get the RPi/ESS Stage 2 Tune tomorrow. I used to have powerchip but the Rpi/Ess tune is much more reliable and stronger

Lol, How do you already know its more reliable? Isnt that time dependant
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
dizzam! he just called you a fool! you gonna take that D? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuum son!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
dizzam! he just called you a fool! you gonna take that D? daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuum son!
trying to liven up the forums huh C...
Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
let me ask you this /\/\power, how many tunes have you gone through? personally I've had 5 different tunes on 2 of my e60s. When I had my 535i my jb3 tune threw limp codes since day one. With the powerchip tune the m5 was very inconsistant. The car would jerk back and forth and was very rough. My 3 (just got the stage 2 tune. Will post new thread tomrrow), RPI/ess tunes do not throw error or limp codes like other tuning companies. *cough* Singh *cough*. The power is there when I need it, especially from 5-8l rpm. therefore much more reliable compared to other tunes.

Again I ask you do you have any personal experience with a tune, let alone 5?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Contributors

let me ask you this /\/\power, how many tunes have you gone through? personally I've had 5 different tunes on 2 of my e60s. When I had my 535i my jb3 tune threw limp codes since day one. With the powerchip tune the m5 was very inconsistant. The car would jerk back and forth and was very rough. My 3 (just got the stage 2 tune. Will post new thread tomrrow), RPI/ess tunes do not throw error or limp codes like other tuning companies. *cough* Singh *cough*. The power is there when I need it, especially from 5-8l rpm. therefore much more reliable compared to other tunes.

Again I ask you do you have any personal experience with a tune, let alone 5?
Yo, I am happy with my stock tune but will be getting the ASR soon. I might consider the ESS SMG tune if feel baller enough like you, lol. My point is that it takes more than a day to know if it is going to make your car more reliable even if you have had 100 previous tunes IMO, I would be knocking on wood if I were you for saying because I have read a fair share of tunes for the M5 where ppl have troubles. So unless you know the future I would hold on the presumptions, the M5 is NO NO NO Notorious for problems. Peace out bud, I dont care to argue with you about this and rather let it be, I never knew reliability was determined in a day tho so I asked. I know your excited and I am also, but only about the SMG tune so GL and will be looking forward to a more detaied review from you and others that got the ESS SMG tune.

And, Actually I have gone thru a fair share of tunes from a twin turbo jap engines to NA BMW engines so chill on the q's, again ur making presumptions lol. Much respect tho for being one of the first to take the SMG plunge.

I personally will be getting the ASR tune with respect to the ASR exhaust and CAI I have installed but am deeply considering the SMG tune from ESS but will wait for a few more reviews. Again, thanks for your review SON and I just checked out your vids
Old 04-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Oh C, You shit startin I didnt call anyone a fool, I dont even use that word Dedededaaaaamn SON>....
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

this thread is too funny

back on topic, someone needs to give info about the best tune cuz I want one as well
Old 04-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by danzanchy
this thread is too funny

back on topic, someone needs to give info about the best tune cuz I want one as well
+10
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Contributors

You will not be let down with the RPI/ess tune.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

You will not be let down with the RPI/ess tune.
with all due respect.... Every post you write there is a always "RPI" word.

You only say RPI, RPI, RPI and RPI... RPI here, RPI there.... nothing else...

WTF!..It seems you are working promoting for RPI, aren't you? lol

Quick Reply: 550i tune - reflash