5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   545i mods and bolt ons (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/545i-mods-bolt-ons-94178/)

Jackyboy545i 02-18-2010 12:06 PM

i just got a manual 545i. I have a job where i drive alotttt. I want to know which mods i should get and what order. I just want to see results but cant drop 2000 right off the bat. so i want to see gains but i will have to get them every 2 weeks or so. so i know like the sprint booster, or the scoops, i live in Charlotte NC so should i get a chip first from upsolute or even at all? please help!!! :D

regards,
jack

redEYEjedi 02-18-2010 02:24 PM

If you are going performance only, get the RPi scoops and exhaust to see actual, and immediate increase. A tune would also be something you should consider.

Sprintbooster only adjusts "lag" and doesn't give you any real performance increase. A tune may actually lessen the "lag," but may depend on what you choose. More experienced members in regards to this will hopefully chime in.

Discuss your performance goals with a vendor like Trinity and I'm sure they can help you out with at least a few items.

Krozi 02-18-2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi (Post 1114034)
If you are going performance only, get the RPi scoops and exhaust to see actual, and immediate increase. A tune would also be something you should consider.

Sprintbooster only adjusts "lag" and doesn't give you any real performance increase. A tune may actually lessen the "lag," but may depend on what you choose. More experienced members in regards to this will hopefully chime in.

Discuss your performance goals with a vendor like Trinity and I'm sure they can help you out with at least a few items.

+1 on everything :thumbsup:

LevKis 02-18-2010 03:04 PM

BMX Power Box instead of a Sprintbooster :thumbsup:

lag adjustment and HP gain

Gene 02-18-2010 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by LevKis (Post 1114052)
BMX Power Box instead of a Sprintbooster :thumbsup:

lag adjustment and HP gain

the BMS powerbox is not available for the N51/N52/N53 motor, that's not the engine for the 545/550

hey jack, how many threads on performance mods are you going to start? :P

GL with your mod choices....one thing to remember, aftermarket mods are usually designed to compliment other aftermarket mods by the same manufacturer...mixing and matching different parts/brands can possibly lead to the a non-optimal performance set-up....

NobleForums 02-18-2010 04:39 PM

aFe intake + custom 3" dual exhaust.

After that, save up the ducats for 22"+ wheels.

Then, you're good to go.

Wait, did I mention whistle tips yet?

Krozi 02-18-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by NobleForums (Post 1114083)
aFe intake + custom 3" dual exhaust.

After that, save up the ducats for 22"+ wheels.

Then, you're good to go.

Wait, did I mention whistle tips yet?

I lol'd

Jackyboy545i 02-18-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS (Post 1114055)
the BMS powerbox is not available for the N51/N52/N53 motor, that's not the engine for the 545/550

hey jack, how many threads on performance mods are you going to start? :P

GL with your mod choices....one thing to remember, aftermarket mods are usually designed to compliment other aftermarket mods by the same manufacturer...mixing and matching different parts/brands can possibly lead to the a non-optimal performance set-up....

hey i dont need your sarcasm i am a novice in this field and was looking for information sorry to of bothered you scrotum i mean genetals. I am looking to add mods so adding threads to learn what is what seems rather rational to me. If you dont have something informative to say then keep it to yourself. i dont want to be rude its just annoying when i am trying to find out what is what and have to deal with sarcasm from guys like you and the afe guys at the bottom.

regards/

Gene 02-18-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jackyboy545i (Post 1114117)
hey i dont need your sarcasm i am a novice in this field and was looking for information sorry to of bothered you scrotum i mean genetals. I am looking to add mods so adding threads to learn what is what seems rather rational to me. If you dont have something informative to say then keep it to yourself. i dont want to be rude its just annoying when i am trying to find out what is what and have to deal with sarcasm from guys like you and the afe guys at the bottom.

regards/

jack relax, my fault, guess I hit a nerve there....I was only joking, hence the smiley at the end of my question...and my statement that followed was with good intentions...

if I was being sarcastic or rude I would have told you to just "search"....:rolleyes:

GL with your mods...

</unsubscribed

tex_phil 02-18-2010 08:58 PM

Yep go with sprint booster, or velocity booster(which you can adjust). Velocity booster is more but it lets you drive less harsh if you have ladies in the car who don't like that since its adjustable. Also RPI scoops are good.