E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

545i Dinan Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Sport 6MT

I was wondering if there were any 545ers out there who have the Dinan Exhaust. I am going to do the Dinan Intake system, Throttle Body, and Stage 3 Software, but I am not sure if I want to do the exhaust. I like a good exhaust sound, but in this car I really want to make sure I don't have any boominess, Drone, etc at cruise. Ideally, I want the car to make a statement under throttle, but have no sound issues inside under normal driving conditions.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Search for "Dinan exhaust" under "Parts, Accessories and Mods", you'll find more answers than you'll ever need.

BTW, good choice on the intake, TB and stage3 SW. You'll love it
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

I have a 2004 545i SMG Sport, I have the Dinan exhaust and it's perfect, it makes a clear statement under throttle as you asked about. But when cruising, sometimes I forget that it's even there until I downshift. It's a perfect balance, when I'm sneaking in the house late, I just go easy on the throttle and no one will hear me pull up!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Tuned1
I was wondering if there were any 545ers out there who have the Dinan Exhaust. I am going to do the Dinan Intake system, Throttle Body, and Stage 3 Software, but I am not sure if I want to do the exhaust. I like a good exhaust sound, but in this car I really want to make sure I don't have any boominess, Drone, etc at cruise. Ideally, I want the car to make a statement under throttle, but have no sound issues inside under normal driving conditions.
It is a great exhaust with very good fitment and fantastic sound, deep, exotic car like. No Boom (what the hell is boom anyway?) and no drone (I know what that is).

If you don't love it I'll buy you a beer LOL
Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Contributors

I think getting an RPI exhaust is a better value if you're going to pay the high price of a Dinan.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mookish
I have a 2004 545i SMG Sport, I have the Dinan exhaust and it's perfect, it makes a clear statement under throttle as you asked about. But when cruising, sometimes I forget that it's even there until I downshift. It's a perfect balance, when I'm sneaking in the house late, I just go easy on the throttle and no one will hear me pull up!
that's good to know...b/c my e34 with tri-Flow is not very sneaky
Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mhs525
It is a great exhaust with very good fitment and fantastic sound, deep, exotic car like. No Boom (what the hell is boom anyway?) and no drone (I know what that is).

If you don't love it I'll buy you a beer LOL
hmmm... that would be an expensive beer... can I get the Grolsch flip top?

Thanks for the info... good to know.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I think getting an RPI exhaust is a better value if you're going to pay the high price of a Dinan.
Have you heard the 2 side by side?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by zen68

Search for "Dinan exhaust" under "Parts, Accessories and Mods", you'll find more answers than you'll ever need.

BTW, good choice on the intake, TB and stage3 SW. You'll love it
thanks, I will.
Do you know if I lose much in performance if I do the intake, TB, and Stage3, but keep stock exhaust rather than Dinan?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by Tuned1
thanks, I will.
Do you know if I lose much in performance if I do the intake, TB, and Stage3, but keep stock exhaust rather than Dinan?
I would hope not! For how much the Dinan intake, throttle body and Stage 3 upgrade cost, I would imagine there has to be a gain. Most likely it won't be very noticeable, the majority being in the butt dyno. The V8s are pretty maxed out except for X amount of hp here and there with tuning, exhaust, etc. AFAIK, no aftermarket intakes have been shown to net gains on our cars except for the filter and RPi scoop combo but I could be wrong.

The RPI exhaust is awesome, hands down. They produce products that only produce gains, hence why they refuse to make a quad exhaust system. The RPi exhaust has a nice deep growl and no drone. There is a little hum on the highway but you won't notice it unless you are specifically listening for it. All in all I'm more than satisfied. I remember a post about a member wondering if it would be too loud since his car is a family hauler. He ended up buying it and said it didn't bother anyone at all.

Quick Reply: 545i Dinan Exhaust