E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

535xi Custom Magnaflow Dual Single exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |
Default 535xi Custom Magnaflow Dual Single exhaust

After months of research, I pulled the trigger and installed my custom Magnaflow dual single exhaust.

Start up and WOT sound great. Deep yet sporting and refined. I think there is slight drone at around 2k RPM although tolerable (and I'm knit picky) but I'll wait for the mufflers to settle in before making a final assessment. If it's too loud, I'll add a resonator or dumb pipe the right.

A big thank you to Mitch of American Muffler in Westbury, NY. These guys know what they're doing and are stand up guys.

And the pictures (I know I have to repaint the bumper. I live in Queens, NY, enough said).
Attached Thumbnails 535xi Custom Magnaflow Dual Single exhaust-image.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |

2nd pic
Attached Thumbnails 535xi Custom Magnaflow Dual Single exhaust-image.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i under construction

Could you tell me the exact set up? Piping and which Magnaflow mufflers. I'm also guessing you have no resonators and stock down pipes. Thanks in advance as I am planning to do mine next week
Old 04-17-2014, 09:21 AM
New Members

Y splitter to Magnaflow (1 in/1 out) and Magnaflow 4" tube to the right. Heat shield added to the right under the battery box and spare tire area as a preventative measure. I bought 3 sets of tips to see which one I liked best. I still have these 4.75" resonated ovals that I love but don't know if I'm going to swap them out or just return them.

Stock DP's and left the resonator or there will be drone issues. Some have replaced with Magnaflow X-Pipe. I didn't want it to be too loud and there is definite weight savings.

Dual or quad is subjective.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM
New Members

My Ride: Stock 2004 BMW 525i

Did you take any pictures of the new set up while it was on the lift? I would like to see it.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport

Looks good, man. The dual exhaust look definitely makes these cars look and sound better. Did mine a couple of years ago.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:48 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by texasmr2
Did you take any pictures of the new set up while it was on the lift? I would like to see it.
Here you go
Attached Thumbnails 535xi Custom Magnaflow Dual Single exhaust-dual.exhaust.under.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 12:50 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by o0 ANGRY 0o
Looks good, man. The dual exhaust look definitely makes these cars look and sound better. Did mine a couple of years ago.
Thanks Angry, I remember in all of my research, coming across your post and I said, "That looks nice, I need that in my life."

It definitely more aesthetically pleasing and sounds great now!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: Stock 2004 BMW 525i
Cool

Originally Posted by KSwag
Here you go
Very nice and I especially like the custom Y which makes your system, imo, a truer dual setup rather than having a horizontal cross pipe which severely effects the exhaust flow. Smoother transitions are always better than abrupt flow henderence.

Thanks for the picture as I have saved it so I can show my muffler guy what I want if I decide to take this route. Also what rear/lower dual valence is that (brand)?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
New Members

Thanks Texas. I do open it up but thinking about it now, our stock right muffler is closed after warm up by an exhaust flap. I would think this is for less drone and some back pressure. It is definitely more free flowing. I do feel as if I may have loss some low end torque, although very minuscule. Higher RPMs are sweet though. I might actually try to install a flap to mimic the stock set up or get a CC insert to get back some back pressure. The sound is perfect but I do get a slight drone (Magnadrone after all) at about 2k rpm.

That's a replica MTech diffuser, just with dual cutouts. Finish is great carbon fiber, fit is subpar at best.

Quick Reply: 535xi Custom Magnaflow Dual Single exhaust