E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

528 with RPI Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Hi All:

I am thinking about getting an RPI Exhaust for my 528. For those who have purchased this exhaust for their 528, what do you think about the exhaust (craftsmanship, sound, drone level, etc.)? Also, around how much did it cost to install and where's a good shop in Southern California (LA/OC)?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

currently we still have our limited time sale on all RPI exhausts going on
Old 05-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
Nerwyll, do you guys install as well and how much do you instal for?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by wtlb
Nerwyll, do you guys install as well and how much do you instal for?
PM sent
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an RPI GT Cat-back system that I purchased from Trinity on my 06 530i. I LOVE IT!!! Craftsmanship is top-notch, looks awesome and it sounds so great!! I will say that there is some slight drone that took a little getting used to. I'd say it's about on par with music played at a "Medium" volume. I tend to listen to mine a little louder than that so I don't really hear it. I can definitely tell a performance increase since the install which, by the way, is very simple, and I did it myself. The hardest part was cutting the old pipe. It took a good 30 minutes of working the pipe cutting tool(from Sears) back and forth to cut through that thick steel. But after that, installing the new piece took all of 10 minutes! I would highly recommend this item; it just makes the car sound so nice. I really like when i'm in Sport mode coming to a stop light and you can hear it going down through the gears! And, if for some reason you later decide you don't want it, it would take 10 minutes to put the old one back on. Hope you get it, you'll enjoy it.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
I have an RPI GT Cat-back system that I purchased from Trinity on my 06 530i. I LOVE IT!!! Craftsmanship is top-notch, looks awesome and it sounds so great!! I will say that there is some slight drone that took a little getting used to. I'd say it's about on par with music played at a "Medium" volume. I tend to listen to mine a little louder than that so I don't really hear it. I can definitely tell a performance increase since the install which, by the way, is very simple, and I did it myself. The hardest part was cutting the old pipe. It took a good 30 minutes of working the pipe cutting tool(from Sears) back and forth to cut through that thick steel. But after that, installing the new piece took all of 10 minutes! I would highly recommend this item; it just makes the car sound so nice. I really like when i'm in Sport mode coming to a stop light and you can hear it going down through the gears! And, if for some reason you later decide you don't want it, it would take 10 minutes to put the old one back on. Hope you get it, you'll enjoy it.
Thanks for the feedback my man. I really appreciate that.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OP asked me how big the tips were so I thought i'd post some pics for all to see. It's noticably bigger and fills the hole perfectly! Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails 528 with RPI Exhaust-2012-05-08_06-38-10_169.jpg   528 with RPI Exhaust-2012-05-08_06-37-38_244.jpg   528 with RPI Exhaust-2012-05-08_06-38-03_123.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
The OP asked me how big the tips were so I thought i'd post some pics for all to see. It's noticably bigger and fills the hole perfectly! Pics attached.
Thanks for the pics Crckrjck. There are very helpful. The tips look nice and I like the laser etching as well.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
Get it through Weezy. Probably the best price you'll find, and the work they do will give you a sense of security.

But on the real...it feels like RPI anything, is being discussed once a week. I'm sure this was covered somewhere, no? Anyway, RPI needs to do something for my W211!!!! Too bad there's no market for old man benzos

Good luck with your RPI and post up pics/vids after!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Hey bud, get the RPI. You will not regret it. Amazing sound and I swear I noticed a difference on the butt dyno.

Save yourself some hard earned cash and install it yourself. It helps if you have rhino ramps and a reciprocating saw (sawzall). To cut the stock exhaust off took me all of about 5-10 seconds. If you don't have the saw, go to home depot and rent it for four hours for about $14. don't forget to also purchase a few metal cutting blades.

Use some wd40 and some pliers to remove the hangers, install new exhaust/ clamp and you're done.

If you are on the fence about the sound/ drone, try to meet up with a fellow member that has the exhaust installed to hear it in person. But I'm pretty sure it will only convince you further to get it.

Good luck with your decision.

Quick Reply: 528 with RPI Exhaust