E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

520d Chrome tail pipe cover for 163ps models

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='481413' date='Oct 14 2007, 06:51 PM
Answers to your questions:

1. To date no, you cannot order it from BMW. However on some of the German forums, members have identified what the part number of the 177ps OEM tail pipe is and have asked their dealers to order it. I thought ordering it on-line at bmw-chromteile.de was a lot more easier! (You will not they supply lots of OEM BMW equipment.)

2. Looking at what this supplier provides, I have simply assumed they have a product to match normal OEM levels. Furthermore, I believe this is the OEM 520d tail pipe!

3. It will leave scratches, but you could probably sand these away if necessary. I simply intend to give my car back with the chrome tail pipe on it -- its only a EUR45,- part afterall.

Hope that is of help. Best thing to do is contact www.bmw-chromteile.de directly. I received responses from them very quickly and found them very helpful.
Thanks and once again congrats'
Old 10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Very nice!! Looks OEM and quality...hard to believe the stock pipe does not have this already installed!! Looking good!!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='481417' date='Oct 14 2007, 06:53 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.

The car is complete now in my eyes. With the m-sports pack, M166 19s and Carbon Black paint, it really needed a quality finish on the tail pipe to match the rest of the car. And this chrome tail pipe does just that ...
servus,
i agree with you - it is a fantastic combination you have there....
Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

The car is complete now in my eyes. With the m-sports pack, M166 19s and Carbon Black paint, it really needed a quality finish on the tail pipe to match the rest of the car. And this chrome tail pipe does just that ...

Looking good, man. I'm looking forward to getting a closer look in Maastricht on the 27th!!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d M Sport Touring (born November 22nd, 2006) Carbon Black (metallic), Black Dakota Leather, 18" M135 L/Alloy Wheels with 245/40 R18 93Y Goodyear NCT5 tyres (Run-flats), Manual Transmission, Xenon headlamps, Headlamp-washer system, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Navigation-system Professional, Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, M Sport Package, Roof Rails, M-Sports Suspension, Sun Protection Glass, High Gloss Shadow Line, M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, Anthracite Headlining, Cup Holders, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, DVD Prep in rear, Side Blinds (manual), Automatic Air Conditioning, M Steering Wheel, Aluminium "Cube Pure" interior trim, Sports Seats, ISOFIX Child Seat System (front passenger seat), Park Distance Control

Thank you, for a great tip & great pictures in detail.

This is relatively simple but very succesfull enhancement.

The tailpipe looks so much better with the chrome.

I see you have added the chrome kidneys (grill) to your car too. Was it an easy part to install ?

Cheers,
Belgian BMW Fan.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Belgian BMW Fan' post='481839' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:04 PM
Thank you, for a great tip & great pictures in detail.

This is relatively simple but very succesfull enhancement.

The tailpipe looks so much better with the chrome.

I see you have added the chrome kidneys (grill) to your car too. Was it an easy part to install ?
Cheers,
Belgian BMW Fan.
I ordered it via my BMW dealer and had it fitted at a routine service. It cost me EUR145,- including tax and fitting. All your dealer needs to do is order the standard "6 cyl" chrome kidney grill for the pre-LCI model. For me, this was the same as the tail pipe -- I wanted a quality / polished item to match the rest of the car. The standard matt black grills did not match the Carbon Black paint well IMHO.

Other members have fitted different grills to their cars. If search in this Parts, Accessories and Mods sub-forum, you will find instructions and advice on how to do the swap yourself. (I cheated an took the easy route )
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d M Sport Touring (born November 22nd, 2006) Carbon Black (metallic), Black Dakota Leather, 18" M135 L/Alloy Wheels with 245/40 R18 93Y Goodyear NCT5 tyres (Run-flats), Manual Transmission, Xenon headlamps, Headlamp-washer system, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Navigation-system Professional, Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, M Sport Package, Roof Rails, M-Sports Suspension, Sun Protection Glass, High Gloss Shadow Line, M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, Anthracite Headlining, Cup Holders, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, DVD Prep in rear, Side Blinds (manual), Automatic Air Conditioning, M Steering Wheel, Aluminium "Cube Pure" interior trim, Sports Seats, ISOFIX Child Seat System (front passenger seat), Park Distance Control

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='482386' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:50 PM
I ordered it via my BMW dealer and had it fitted at a routine service. It cost me EUR145,- including tax and fitting. All your dealer needs to do is order the standard "6 cyl" chrome kidney grill for the pre-LCI model. For me, this was the same as the tail pipe -- I wanted a quality / polished item to match the rest of the car. The standard matt black grills did not match the Carbon Black paint well IMHO.

Other members have fitted different grills to their cars. If search in this Parts, Accessories and Mods sub-forum, you will find instructions and advice on how to do the swap yourself. (I cheated an took the easy route )
Hi,

In the meantime I have ordered the chrome kidney-grill via BMW-chromteile.de. Hope their product turns out to be of good quality. I am considering installing the chrome kidneys myself, but if things turn out to be too difficult, I might consider your "modus-operandi" (installation via dealership)

Comparing our cars: we seem to have quite similar cars -> both 520d's, Carbon Black paint, but yours is a saloon while mine is the Touring version. Anways: good choice !

Cheers,
Belgian BMW Fan.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Contributors

...take care - chrome grill is not always chrome grill. i had a set from ebay, but after fitting that on, i went to the dealer and bought a set of originals. they by far looked for decent for the car...
Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

what engine and Hp is in a 520d? thanks
Old 10-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' post='482878' date='Oct 18 2007, 02:45 AM
what engine and Hp is in a 520d? thanks
Pre LCI: 4 cylinder Diesel Turbo 163 hp
LCI: 4 cylinder Diesel Turbo 177hp