E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

5-series AC compressors interchangeable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 09:43 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Default 5-series AC compressors interchangeable?

Are 5-series AC compressors interchangeable, reason I am asking, I have a 07 550i, AC compressor is seized, I found somebody parting out a 06 530i near me. I have looked up both compressors on realoem and the parts numbers do not match, but when I look them up on ebay etc to see pics they look identical. It seems the v6 doesnt have separate belt for their compressor, is that the only difference?

If it doesnt work that is fine, just need to know before I buy the parts. If they dont, I have alot of work ahead of me calling junk yards and such lol.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:23 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Couple of things to check when looking to match parts, the compressor may be identical,but look at the ac line location were it mounts to the compressor. Also check the amount of ribs on the belt, and size of clutch. The mounting points can also be different. If it's returnable, it's worth seeing if there compatible, make sure the compressor clutch isn't a seized. Hope this helps.