5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   352HP and 700NM !!! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/352hp-700nm-30611/)

ronald_adi 09-07-2006 11:47 PM

Hey guys,

I did the Wetteraurer thing yesterday and transformed my 535d from a fast car into a beast. 352HP and 694NM. Note that I have Quad exhausts.

At first i thought the difference wasnt that much and then i realised that due to the increase in torque the car doesnt kick down in gears as quickly and stays in high gear.

But push harder on the pedal, and all HELL breaks losse !! The back tyre spins (even with DSC on), and u get pushed into your seat as the car goes mad! i think if i turn DSC off it would be constant wheelspin.

Also very noticeable is how fast it drives up the needle even at high speeds from 160 to 200 and above (couldnt test the top speed yet).

Highway cruising is great too cause it just rides on a wave of torque at 2000rpm.

Even when not using the power it feels great to know that I am sitting on so many horses. And that I can potentially blow almost anything on the road away!

I am happy too cause i am going on vacation today by car to Spain and will be climbing the Alps of Switzerland \ France - so i'll be putting all the torque to good use.

OK, bring on those 550i's :)

BMW ///M 525xi 09-07-2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='332205' date='Sep 8 2006, 09:47 AM
Hey guys,

I did the Wetteraurer thing yesterday and transformed my 535d from a fast car into a beast. 352HP and 694NM. Note that I have Quad exhausts.

At first i thought the difference wasnt that much and then i realised that due to the increase in torque the car doesnt kick down in gears as quickly and stays in high gear.

But push harder on the pedal, and all HELL breaks losse !! The back tyre spins (even with DSC on), and u get pushed into your seat as the car goes mad! i think if i turn DSC off it would be constant wheelspin.

Also very noticeable is how fast it drives up the needle even at high speeds from 160 to 200 and above (couldnt test the top speed yet).

Highway cruising is great too cause it just rides on a wave of torque at 2000rpm.

Even when not using the power it feels great to know that I am sitting on so many horses. And that I can potentially blow almost anything on the road away!

I am happy too cause i am going on vacation today by car to Spain and will be climbing the Alps of Switzerland \ France - so i'll be putting all the torque to good use.

Lol that sounds really nice.

Congrats with your beast!

BTW: can you post us some pictures of your quads? would be appreciated

xBMWx 09-07-2006 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='332205' date='Sep 8 2006, 09:47 AM
Hey guys,

:wow: :wow: :wow:

That's quite an increase in power - wow! Is that only remapping + quad exhaust, or have they done other mods? Do they need to do other mods? That's a heavy increase you have there.

Enjoy... :thumbsup:

p.s. what brake pads and tyres are you using - I might buy shares in those companies :D

ats77 09-08-2006 12:00 AM

Congrats Ronald :thumbsup: , take care and if still want to sell those wheels leave some tires on them :D .

ronald_adi 09-08-2006 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='332208' date='Sep 8 2006, 09:59 AM
:wow: :wow: :wow:

That's quite an increase in power - wow! Is that only remapping + quad exhaust, or have they done other mods? Do they need to do other mods? That's a heavy increase you have there.

Enjoy... :thumbsup:

p.s. what brake pads and tyres are you using - I might buy shares in those companies :D

Hey - only mods are quads and remapping. They normally give 350HP but he said it ranges from 345 to 355 depending on the car.

And i am using standard brakes and 18inch OEM 135 sheels and 245 tyres !! hahaha so it makes it more frightening and fun !! But i am getting 20" soon.

ronald_adi 09-08-2006 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ats77' post='332209' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:00 AM
Congrats Ronald :thumbsup: , take care and if still want to sell those wheels leave some tires on them :D .

Hey big guy :) - i am afraid its too late for that, haha, i think after holidays i'll be selling the wheels alone without tyres! :)

ats77 09-08-2006 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='332212' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:10 AM
Hey big guy :) - i am afraid its too late for that, haha, i think after holidays i'll be selling the wheels alone without tyres! :)

diesel power :D :devil:

BMW ///M 525xi 09-08-2006 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='332212' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:10 AM

So that means you will let go the buyer, or did you negotiate about another week?

ronald_adi 09-08-2006 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by BMW ///M 525xi' post='332215' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:22 AM
So that means you will let go the buyer, or did you negotiate about another week?

Ah. Well i called the buyer and explained the situation and he was fine with waiting till i get back. He said that he only needs them as winter wheels. But I also have to expect a lower price because the tyres will have less tread on them after 5000km in 1 week !!

But as i think about it more, i dont have winter wheels myself and when i get my 20",.. i may actually need the 18 for winter !! oh dear oh dear !! what to do ! :think: :think: :think:

BMW ///M 525xi 09-08-2006 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='332218' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:46 AM
Ah. Well i called the buyer and explained the situation and he was fine with waiting till i get back. He said that he only needs them as winter wheels. But I also have to expect a lower price because the tyres will have less tread on them after 5000km in 1 week !!

But as i think about it more, i dont have winter wheels myself and when i get my 20",.. i may actually need the 18 for winter !! oh dear oh dear !! what to do ! :think: :think: :think:

Well actually i wouldn't sell them either. Like you said, it is not that preferable to drive winter tyres on 20" wheels :P. Prices of your winter tyres will also be higher.

You also need to consider how much you will get for the wheels, tyres,...

PS: what about the quads ;)?