E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

2008 AW Non Logic 7: Enhanced Audio Opitions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012 | 09:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Salutations to All that Thrive & Drive the Five:

I have done a fare bit of research and I am confused on what I can do to enhance my non logic 7 audio system in in my LCI 2008 E60. How can I get better sound out of my system without purchasing an aftermarket head unit? I would like to keep my dash looking OEM. I know some have bought subs and placed them in the trunk with amps and the JBL unit. I want to a system that I can use under-seat subs (not in the trunk), new amps, speakers, etc. Does someone know of a nice clean setup that works with my cars stock system? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012 | 01:28 AM
Contributors

Here is one option:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...es-M5-E60-E61/

For under seat subs I have seen a few go with Earthquake SWS-8.
Old 04-06-2012 | 06:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by iamnatio
Here is one option:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...es-M5-E60-E61/

For under seat subs I have seen a few go with Earthquake SWS-8.
Thanks for the suggestion. Have you tried the Stage 1 set up?
Old 04-06-2012 | 06:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

I think this may have been documented here before,... but as nice an upgrade as the BSW Stage 1 speakers are, the owners that have installed these in a non-Logic7 vehs tend to be disappointed - perhaps not enough output to drive them effectively.

I have these speakers in my car, and they are an upgrade over oem speakers, but I have the L7 system and i think that may be a needed option for performance.

just my $.02
Old 04-06-2012 | 07:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wtlb
Thanks for the suggestion. Have you tried the Stage 1 set up?
I haven't personally set this up. All I have had done thus far is add a sub in the trunk and face it in via the backseat ski opening and this has helped a ton. But like sportzfan76 mentioned, you need something to power these speakers. Same with Earthquake SWS-8. So if you plan on updating your speakers take into account that you may need to upgrade your amp as well.
Old 04-06-2012 | 08:52 AM
Senior Members

Good to know. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 04-06-2012 | 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Good to know. Thanks for the advice guys.
If some had a package that contained all the pieces for a stereo upgrade for non logic & Logic 7 setups (speakers, amps, and subs) with step by step instructions they would make a killing.
Old 04-06-2012 | 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

There's plenty of options out there. Stay away from the BSW kit! What's your budget?
Old 04-07-2012 | 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

If some had a package that contained all the pieces for a stereo upgrade for non logic & Logic 7 setups (speakers, amps, and subs) with step by step instructions they would make a killing.
Here's one the best options right now and pretty straight forward install.

http://www.jehnert.de/produkte-doorb...tem?lang=en_us

Just add an amp and you're good to go. The Jehnerts crossovers are bi-ampable. The 8'' midbass sounds phenomenal. Quite a few guys over e90post have this setup installed and dont miss having a sub.
Old 04-07-2012 | 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29
Here's one the best options right now and pretty straight forward install.

http://www.jehnert.de/produkte-doorb...tem?lang=en_us

Just add an amp and you're good to go. The Jehnerts crossovers are bi-ampable. The 8'' midbass sounds phenomenal. Quite a few guys over e90post have this setup installed and dont miss having a sub.
Thanks for the suggestion Nelson.

So it looks like 2 8"Subs for under the seats; 2 midrange for the doors; and 2 tweeters for the highs. The amp will power the subs I take it or the whole system? Will this render the remaining original speakers (center & rears) useless or are they still powered by the HU?
Attached Thumbnails 2008 AW Non Logic 7:   Enhanced Audio  Opitions-sys1.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2008 AW Non Logic 7: Enhanced Audio Opitions