E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

20" Wheel Fitment on 525i

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

car looks awesome!
what did you do for rotors and brakes? my next step is drilled/slotted rotors and a brake overhaul with some pads and paint.

how about the supercharger?!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gkorzen
Testing the upload process

ill help ya out..
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  45.5 KB

all i did was take your image and upload it photocuket.com. Then copy paste the [IMG] code.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:02 PM
New Members

My Ride: 05 e60 525i

Thanks for making the pic better. I'm a newbie and have several pics. As far as the brakes and rotors, I used premier series rotors with Wagner ceramic pads up front and Wagner metallic in the rear. I am going to upgrade to brembo but decided to paint the calipers with DuPont kit for now. It was very easy since I didn't have to pull the calipers. Basically a 2 hr job but it does scratch up very easily. I painted them inside my shop and let them cure for 5 days before I reassembled everything. There is some touch up that is needed. As far as the supercharger, it's being sent from Norway and is ESS. I am excited to bump this from 189hp to 350-375hp. It is a bolt on but will need to pull the ecu for them to flash in Arizona. The trunk lid and rear window spoiler is Ac. Fits perfectly. The front bumper and side skirts were purchased from jmsports but had some slight modifications that needed to be done. I have not yet installed the CF front lip spoiler and also Siebon hood that's waiting patiently in the corner. Like I started this post, the mods will go on and on until my fingers start to bleed. I still wish that I could find a better intergrated screen for a better pic. The nav tv works like a charm and their b/u cam even has a sensor built in that flashes a person in the screen even when u can't see them. It apparently picks up the motion. I purchased the car from a elder lady so that I could park my 3/4 ton that u see behind the car. This will be my grocery getter. Lol. Anyways, I appreciate the comments and help as well. Last the wheels are verde, I have a buddy in the biz that got them for me at cost. We put 8.5 up front and 9.5 in back. Love the wide tires in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails 20" Wheel Fitment on 525i-image.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM
New Members

I am looking at exhaust. I'm not wanting a louder sounding system and ESS says that I can use all factory equip with the charger. I was thinking borla catback but I am still contemplating. We have a local shop, Arkansas performance exhaust that is trying to talk me into a custom build but like I said I'm not sure cause of the sound.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

dont forget to black out your grill
Old 01-07-2014, 03:01 PM
New Members

Already have the CF inserts ready. I just hadn't installed them yet.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

I am looking at exhaust. I'm not wanting a louder sounding system and ESS says that I can use all factory equip with the charger. I was thinking borla catback but I am still contemplating. We have a local shop, Arkansas performance exhaust that is trying to talk me into a custom build but like I said I'm not sure cause of the sound.
look into electric exhaust cutout? loud or quiet exhaust at the push of a button
Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Looks good. IMO definitely black out the grill and chrome trim.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
New Members

I appreciate all the comments and I appreciate the input bill109. I will look into the electric cutout. I have again ran into more technical issues. These bimmers are so fragile. LOL!!! I didn't realize that everything you basically connect that you have to use relays for everything, Including a power inverter that I connected to a remote access. I even had to install a relay for the backup cam as well which everywhere I have read has never been stated. It is still coming along and the supercharger should arrive next week from ESS. Another question is, after hours upon hours of researching, is the aux input I installed w/deleted resister. The volume is about 60% of factory and have looked at everyone's posts and forums and have not found a answer that I myself had not already tried though process of elimination. I even ordered a second cable to install to see if that would be the issue and its exactly the same. The volume either through the iphone or apple tv is disturbingly low. Any suggestions?

Last edited by gkorzen; 01-11-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

I appreciate all the comments and I appreciate the input bill109. I will look into the electric cutout. I have again ran into more technical issues. These bimmers are so fragile. LOL!!! I didn't realize that everything you basically connect that you have to use relays for everything, Including a power inverter that I connected to a remote access. I even had to install a relay for the backup cam as well which everywhere I have read has never been stated. It is still coming along and the supercharger should arrive next week from ESS. Another question is, after hours upon hours of researching, is the aux input I installed w/deleted resister. The volume is about 60% of factory and have looked at everyone's posts and forums and have not found a answer that I myself had not already tried though process of elimination. I even ordered a second cable to install to see if that would be the issue and its exactly the same. The volume either through the iphone or apple tv is disturbingly low. Any suggestions?
sorry i cant be of help, but did you have to do any coding for the aux to work? our 525's dont have the aux option on idrive considering they dont have an aux port.

Quick Reply: 20" Wheel Fitment on 525i