E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

2 Mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

Hey everyone, Hope all is well haven't posted in awhile. I had to questions regarding my E60 since I am bored with the mods and want to change it up a tad.

I want to switch from my HR springs to some coilovers. I want to go lower. Any recommendations....

Also, I want to change the mtech kits rear bumper to an M5 rear. Not sure when I will upgrade to the quad exhaust so I wanted to see if anyone had a pic of the M5 rear with a dual exhaust.

Thanks everyone!!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't answer in regards to the coilovers cause I am still on HR springs and sit rather low already. If you check my build thread, I recently installed an M5tech rear bumper with a quad tip exhaust.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

Originally Posted by iamnatio
I can't answer in regards to the coilovers cause I am still on HR springs and sit rather low already. If you check my build thread, I recently installed an M5tech rear bumper with a quad tip exhaust.

Dude, your car is sick! i was thinking about wrapping my black car in semi gloss white. I was looking for a pic of a m5tech rear with only a quad exhaust. The flikr is down but I will yours out when it's back up.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by HollywoodE60
Dude, your car is sick! i was thinking about wrapping my black car in semi gloss white. I was looking for a pic of a m5tech rear with only a quad exhaust. The flikr is down but I will yours out when it's back up.
Thanks! Yeah those pics went down. You can check the updated pics at the end of the thread. You can find them here:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/125...0/page__st__45
Old 09-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I would upgrade to a quad exhaust when you do the quad rear. It doesn't look good with a stock exhaust and quad rear depending on how long you wait.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil
I would upgrade to a quad exhaust when you do the quad rear. It doesn't look good with a stock exhaust and quad rear depending on how long you wait.
Very true. I believe I installed my quad rear 5 days before and even that felt like a very long time. It really felt weird and that was just 5 days. Plus it also was pending a vinyl wrap so it really stood out. lol

@HollywoodE60 How long are you planning on waiting?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil
I don't have a stock exhuast. I am running a full stainless Meistershaft exhaust. I am more worried about having the empty side. If I drop the cash on the rear bumper I am not sure I want to drop the cash right away on the exhaust.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by iamnatio
Are you just on springs with stock struts? If so how is the ride?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by HollywoodE60
I don't have a stock exhuast. I am running a full stainless Meistershaft exhaust. I am more worried about having the empty side. If I drop the cash on the rear bumper I am not sure I want to drop the cash right away on the exhaust.
Yeah thats what I meant, having a empty side. Its gonna look dumb IMO to have one side empty. You could always get the mtech rear with a carbon fiber diffuser.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by atlninerfan
Are you just on springs with stock struts? If so how is the ride?
I am running just springs with non-sport stock struts.....Just hit 46k miles and I feel like the stock struts are going.. The first 40k miles were wonderful ride wise.

Quick Reply: 2 Mod questions