E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

'04 545i Magnaflow glasspack dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

A little background to how the car was purchased:
The previous owner had put on a magnaflow muffler that was a dual in(one of the dual in side was welded closed), single out by the tips which created this horrible drone from about 1,000 rpm through 3,000 rpms.
Being a Newbie and not researching i purchsed the AFE Cold air intake... **womp** worst mod ever.. i did get a cool "sound" but the engine bay heated up way to fast... and took for ever to cool, it nor worstened or bettered the drone though. which at this point would have me max out the volume of the stereo for everything.

***Side note: Upon lift... we found that good ol' 545i leak.. which i was not expecting... so that will have to be research and looked at soon***

Within the last 2 weeks, I have went back to the OEM air box, got a K&N high flow filter, carbon filter delete and an RPI Scoop.
The wife knew what and how i was feeling about the dual exhaust.. and she assisted with that purchase.
I am still on the fence of which rear bumper to do.. everyone keeps pointing at the m5.. but its so cliche.. i wanted to do something diffrent so for now.. i just cut the 545i apron..

Before install:

Within this pic.. if you look at the opposite side of the muffler from the tips... you can see the cover and shitty weld the last shop did for the exhaust ... on the wrong muffler.

After new install:

Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 AM
Members

My Ride: E60: 2004 545i - Sport steptronic Rear & side sun shades Heated seats & steering wheel Sport & Winter packages Adaptive headlights Exterior: OEM M5 Front Bumper OEM M5 Fenders 20" 163 Replica M6 wheels Debadged Performance: OEM E60 M5 Big Brake Kit ***Removed*** AFE CAI (HOT air intake lol.) (not to happy with upgrade) Lighting: MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes Motorcepts License Plate Lamps Motorcepts Amber Signals (Front & Rear) Motorcepts Amber Side Markers Motorcepts D2S 6000K low beams (Awesome!) Sound: Stocker than a mutha eff'er!

Just after install: (Some rev's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ9tJiX6MU4&feature=youtu.be
Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

Nice...would love to go quad down the line but for now, just concentrating on the minor things first. You can always go with the Mtech and quad diffuser if you're bored with the stock bumper.

On side note, cool wife you got there. My wife has a cow when she noticed I replaced the roundels to black and white with gloss black letters. She was like, why can't you just leave it alone and not do more things to it like your previous cars. It looks nice enough already.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

Sounds too "American" what leak were you referring to?

Edit: not saying it sounds bad, I just like a more "racey" sound
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Love the exhaust and the sound of the V8.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Nice...would love to go quad down the line but for now, just concentrating on the minor things first. You can always go with the Mtech and quad diffuser if you're bored with the stock bumper.

On side note, cool wife you got there. My wife has a cow when she noticed I replaced the roundels to black and white with gloss black letters. She was like, why can't you just leave it alone and not do more things to it like your previous cars. It looks nice enough already.

Oh.. dont let the dual exhaust fool you.. she is a tough one as well.. complains about this forum all the time.. when i shoud be doing something around the house.. lol. fun times. I guess i got the best of the nagging with the quads this time on her.. she really knew i wanted it. +1 for me.. +364 for her.. (each day of the year!)
Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

I like it. Lol at the fact those "ramps" broke when they brought the car down.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles

I think its my transmission.. pan.. doesnt smell or look like motor oil.. according to the exhaust guys.
I havent expierence a slip.. or an idrive transmission failure.. so im not sure..
Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I like it. Lol at the fact those "ramps" broke when they brought the car down.

lol.. they actually put 2 by 4's to roll the car off.. because its dropped to low..
they however somehow forgot that.. um... the friction would caus eit to smack the car..

my mouth dropped when i heard it... no damage was done.. thank goodness.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles

If you look at the very first pic.. the skid plate is darker from the middle to the right side.. the left side has no leak.

Quick Reply: '04 545i Magnaflow glasspack dual exhaust