E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I actually wanted to do this when everyone started taking their headlights apart. But I wanted to do the chrome around the xenons in black to match the plastic around them. You are an innovator bro! Keep it up.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Yea. I liked the black look. But after I installed it. It didn't pop to me. I wanted the frost look like the F10. That's what I'll probably do. I'll work on the broken set and seal them up. Let them stand in the elements and see how well they fair. I might do them on my main set eventually since I sold my "Demon" set.

For the other colors. I got bored and wanted to see how they'll look. Once I put them on. They look like sh*t. Maybe on a black car with Lambo lime green like MAC's M3.

We were going to put the red on the car. But when we took off the white brow, we snapped it. We used too much Acetone and made it weak and brittle in certain areas.

Going to try this one.

Attachment 120715
I see I see. Now I take another look, I think I know what you mean. It probably blends in too much, right? With that in mind, I would probably try piano black/glossy black, but that's just me.

Just not a fan of that frost look I guess. It just looks like the C-class, and like the F10 as well. Funny how I was just saying the other day that people will be taking the two frost pieces out to either clear it or black it out soon since it would make it look many times better.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Honestly, I'd say you have two mods here - 1. painting the eyebrow and 2. frosting the eyebrow lens. I'd say, frosting the lens alone will do it though. The underlying painted eyebrow is not that noticeable, so I'd just leave it alone, frost the eyebrow lens and call it a day. Although, without the frosting, the blacked out eyebrow looks hot as well

Either way, big props for this experimenting
Old 05-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
I actually wanted to do this when everyone started taking their headlights apart. But I wanted to do the chrome around the xenons in black to match the plastic around them. You are an innovator bro! Keep it up.
That's cause you have LCI. The pre-LCI is already black. So I won't have to do that. But I'm considering cutting the headlight and do the Orion V2 mod.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I see I see. Now I take another look, I think I know what you mean. It probably blends in too much, right? With that in mind, I would probably try piano black/glossy black, but that's just me.

Just not a fan of that frost look I guess. It just looks like the C-class, and like the F10 as well. Funny how I was just saying the other day that people will be taking the two frost pieces out to either clear it or black it out soon since it would make it look many times better.
Yea the black blends in too much. Looks like it's missing something. I figured the frosted look will make the eyebrow section light up better. Like the F10. Looks like the entire section is a light instead of the brow and 5 individual LED.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Honestly, I'd say you have two mods here - 1. painting the eyebrow and 2. frosting the eyebrow lens. I'd say, frosting the lens alone will do it though. The underlying painted eyebrow is not that noticeable, so I'd just leave it alone, frost the eyebrow lens and call it a day. Although, without the frosting, the blacked out eyebrow looks hot as well

Either way, big props for this experimenting
I just painted it because I was curious on how it'll look. But I think I'll go with the frosted look. I need that white frost spray. This frost spray I got ain't cutting it.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Ah I see. It definitely sounds like you're fond of that front piece on C's and F10's. I don't like it at all, and the F10 people I have talked to also don't like it because we feel that as a whole, it makes the car have a droopy/sleepy look to it. Any worse, and it would be like a car with down syndrome
Old 05-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I like the black painted one
Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Nicely done

Been awhile since I been on this site, I did the blacked out eyebrows and it was nice but it wasnt that bright due to me painting inside where the plastic eyebrow piece goes. you suppose to leave the inside chrome so that when he led shines through it hits the whole eyebrow to light up. still havent got a chance to finish up my headlights but planning to go with LCI when ever I have a chance from all these work.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Very creative DK!

Man, when did you get the M5! I may be a bit late, but Congrats bro!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
I like the black painted one

Originally Posted by NC916
Nicely done

Been awhile since I been on this site, I did the blacked out eyebrows and it was nice but it wasnt that bright due to me painting inside where the plastic eyebrow piece goes. you suppose to leave the inside chrome so that when he led shines through it hits the whole eyebrow to light up. still havent got a chance to finish up my headlights but planning to go with LCI when ever I have a chance from all these work.
I figured it won't be as bright with the inside chrome painted. Can't wait to see them when you finish.
Originally Posted by AKAlius
Very creative DK!

Man, when did you get the M5! I may be a bit late, but Congrats bro!
Thanks. Got it in March. That's why ordered another set of Eurostickers.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Pretty cool looking...the frost kind of reminds me of Jay "the Juiceman" in the commercials.

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-juiceman.jpg

Quick Reply: ***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.