E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO F'ING BELIEVE THIS!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i M Sport Induvidual; Induvidual Black exterior (475 Saphire Black metallic), Induvidual Z1XX Merino leather Platinum interior, Logic 7, shadow line trim.

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='1015881' date='Sep 24 2009, 12:39 PM
I met w/ the claims adjuster today. He only wrote it up for $3800. He didn't include the headlight since he can't see anything wrong with it. Neither can I for that matter. I think that's just some wallet padding on the part of the body shops. Would be nice if I could use that money to repair the key job somebody gave me a few weeks ago. The estimates for that are from $800 - $1000 dollars!
Sorry to hear about all your troubles mate. A heap of money, but I would get everything fixed at once while your car is at the repairers. It will save you another trip and at least they can match up all the paint on all the panels ensuring it's all blended in.

I hope your luck gets better with the car after a good repair!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Sorry to see that man. Hope it gets fixed soon and that she's as good as new.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Years ago, I had my car parked on the side of the street. The verizon truck came and parked in front of me. Well someone then parked in front of him. When he was leaving, he backed up to try to get enough room to pull out into the street. When he did, the moron clipped and HOOKED the fromt of my wheel well with the chrome part of his van. Well to make it better, this idiot drives off dragging my car about 20 feet with him, before he realized what he did. And no it wasnt skeeter. lol
Old 09-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

My baby went into the shop yesterday. Should be about a week or so before I get her back. In the meantime, I'm sporting an overcast gray Pontiac G6 w/ a big honkin' 4-banger and 4-speed automatic tranny from Enterprise rentals. Woooooo-hooooooo!!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hey, is that the 50 Cent edition G6? Those are ballin'

Pics or ban!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Well, I gotta give credit where it's due. I have to say this car handles pretty darn well! It, of course, feels significantly lighter than my tank-like 550i and is easily tossed about. There's a sharp S-curve to die for at one of the entrances to my job. I was able to negotiate that curve at virtually the same unreasonable speeds as I do in my 550i Sport. It didn't feel as planted, but at the same time didn't feel as stressful on my body as when I take it in my 550i. They both take the left-right transition about the same when running at 6/10ths. However, I can tell that if pushed to, say, 8/10ths or more, my 550i would smoke it through there due to the inherent FWD understeer at the limit. But at this point, I'm not entirely convinced that a better set of tires wouldn't remedy a lot of that for the G6.

Oh, and I looked at the rear of this thing today. It's the G6 GT. That being said, I have to retract my statement about the 4-banger. It's actually a 3.5L V6. Anyways, I still can't wait to get my Bimmer back.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Senior Members

damn thats jacked up. best of luck in the future
Old 10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

Okay, I take it back again! I pushed this G6 to maybe 6/10ths again on that same S-curve in the wet and dry. It's not even close! I guess I was being easier than I thought the other day. Tires alone aren't going to make up that much of a deficit. Definitely can't wait to get my Bimmer back!! And talk about gutless... I've punched it a few times on the freeway for some passing and zipping through traffic. There's a good 2 second delay before anything even happens. It downshifts, but it's like the torque converter has to "spool up" before any additional forward momentum happens; even then it's very slight. This thing may have a V6, but it feels like a 4-banger, at least compared to what I'm used to. I'll say that the engine at least doesn't sound harsh or course when revved...

I'm gonna stop by the body shop tomorrow to see how my baby is progressing. I hope they at least have it put back together. There's something depressing about seeing your car in a disassembled state.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='1027968' date='Oct 8 2009, 03:47 PM
Okay, I take it back again! I pushed this G6 to maybe 6/10ths again on that same S-curve in the wet and dry. It's not even close! I guess I was being easier than I thought the other day. Tires alone aren't going to make up that much of a deficit. Definitely can't wait to get my Bimmer back!! And talk about gutless... I've punched it a few times on the freeway for some passing and zipping through traffic. There's a good 2 second delay before anything even happens. It downshifts, but it's like the torque converter has to "spool up" before any additional forward momentum happens; even then it's very slight. This thing may have a V6, but it feels like a 4-banger, at least compared to what I'm used to. I'll say that the engine at least doesn't sound harsh or course when revved...

I'm gonna stop by the body shop tomorrow to see how my baby is progressing. I hope they at least have it put back together. There's something depressing about seeing your car in a disassembled state.
I wonder if they make a Sprint Booster for the G6?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='1015881' date='Sep 24 2009, 11:39 AM
I met w/ the claims adjuster today. He only wrote it up for $3800. He didn't include the headlight since he can't see anything wrong with it. Neither can I for that matter. I think that's just some wallet padding on the part of the body shops. Would be nice if I could use that money to repair the key job somebody gave me a few weeks ago. The estimates for that are from $800 - $1000 dollars!
You should call the adjuster and tell him about the key. Since you are already paying your insur. deductible he should write that up in the claim and give you the extra cash to get the scratch fixed too.

Quick Reply: YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO F'ING BELIEVE THIS!!