E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!&#

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

Finally took delivery of my 535i SP.

Definitely lives up to it's billing as the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Much more composed and stable as compared to my ex-2006 525i. Does not slide around. And I take everything back about what I've said on Runflats. My wife could not tell whether the ride was harsher as compared to my old pre-lci 525 non-sport.

Two things need re-adjustment:
1- Height adjustment of HUD
2-My steering wheel is about 5 degrees off center.

Are these possible and how much would they cost.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by juventus' post='436567' date='Jun 17 2007, 03:05 AM

Much more composed and stable as compared to my ex-2006 525i. Does not slide around. And I take everything back about what I've said on Runflats. My wife could not tell whether the ride was harsher as compared to my old pre-lci 525 non-sport.

First of all congrats on the new car.

To answer your question their should be no charge just call the dealer and let them know there ia a problem. In regards to the steering wheel when I picked up mine it had the same exact problem. I noticed it when I was driving to Virginia. I called the dealer from Virginia and they told me to bring it in as soon a I return. When I returned 3 days later I took it to the dealer and they gave it a wheel allignment which fixed the problem. There should be no charge for these fixes.

Hope that helps, Rick...
Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Senior Members

Check your front wheels to make sure there hasn't been an impact. I can't imagine the car leaving the factory with the steering wheel like that. Hopefully I'm way wrong!!

ABC
Old 06-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by juventus' post='436566' date='Jun 17 2007, 12:05 AM

well the last time i visited the dealer they told me that the new cars are now designed with runflats in mind. unlike the 5 series from previous years.
about the height adjustment for your HUD u might want to search around the forum as this topic has been previously discussed.
i believe the only way to correct your steering wheel problem is to have wheel alignments done. your dealer should do this for u with no charge considering how new your car is.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by juventus' post='436566' date='Jun 17 2007, 03:05 AM

I received my 2007 530xi from the dealer with a crooked steering wheel as well....of a few degrees off to the right. The dealer aligned it for free (new car should not be off center), and now it's perfect! I also had some vibration issues with shimmy in the steering wheel, but along with a wheel balance, all is well now. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats on the 535. other than getting that checked and corrected, enjoy
Old 06-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congrats on the car!

The HUD adjustment information is in the FAQ forum...take a look around there and you should learn what's up about that.

As far as the steering wheel issue, if the car has active steering, the misaligned wheel is often fixed with a simple reset via software. If there is no active steering, then I suppose the remedy would be for an actual alignment...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Members

Yeah - I've had the steering wheel off-center issue.. was pretty bad actually (when i purchased the car with 10K miles)..

Since it has active steering, they simply performed a 'software reset' and the wheel goes back to 0*
Hopefully you've got active steering because it's a simple fix and also an excellent option to have

Cheers!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

Thank you all for your help. Hopefully the dealer closest to me won't give me a hard time because I got my car from a neighboring state.