E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

WOW......

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Super color combo - enjoy your new ride!
Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I put about 300 miles on her today and am really having a blast. Drove to my folks for Thanksgiving dinner. They live in Bakersfield and for those of you who have driven the I5...you know how the ridge route/grapevine can be. This car is a DREAM to drive!! It holds the road so well - I really had to try hard not to break 100mph as the roads are so open and it seemed everyone was really making time today. Tried the tt's today a bit (not full revs) but it does accelerate pretty darn nice for an I6...I was more impressed than I thought I be for sure. The amazing options and features on these cars are great as well. Just really dig the HUD and the nav system...the nav had me laughing today as I purposely deviated from my route (to pick up my grandmother) and it kept tring to "save" me from going the wrong way, advising me to "perform a safe u-turn when it was legal to do so (or something similar). My g-ma and I were laughing at her! Stubborn little unit she is ...reminds me of my g-friend We should find a suitable picture for her voice , and I noticed she has a hard time pronouncing the words "quarter mile"...either that or she was having an early cocktail!

Anyway, I'm going to try and get the car cleaned up tomorrow and get some good pics to post!!

Couple of things I noticed - forget opening the sunroof at freeway speeds (just way too noisy) seems my vert is quieter with the top down at freeway speeds (sounds unlikely I admit), and I can't seem to program my "rolling code" garage door receiver with the BMW yet! Got to be VERY careful when using the I-drive while moving...can get into trouble real quickly. Also, the Logic 7 system sounds weak? I need to try and dial it in some more, but I thought I had read there were subs under the front seats? Sure can't hear or feel them...sound is OK but doesn't seem to have much power...must be an adjustment or something! Oh, one other thing, I don't know why BMW included creame beige mats?? They are already trashed after 1 day...my g-ma stepped on some sort of berries that had fallen off a tree (not on purpose of course) and that really shows on mats....bad idea - should have black mats as standard on the ligher color interiors...black carpet would probably be nice as well.

Thanks for letting me come up for air...In the words of our gov, " I'll be back"

One last thing (for now that is)...I thought I had read (and seen somewhere around here) that BMW had included 6 memory buttons to simplify the I-drive functions and they were located on the side of the console....guess I'm seeing things now??
Old 11-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='498024' date='Nov 23 2007, 07:53 AM
should have black mats as standard on the ligher color interiors...black carpet would probably be nice as well.

One last thing (for now that is)...I thought I had read (and seen somewhere around here) that BMW had included 6 memory buttons to simplify the I-drive functions and they were located on the side of the console....guess I'm seeing things now??
Buy yourself some black mats. I had mine from new at zero cost as I knew the cream mats just wouldn't last.

WOW......-2007_1003image0161.jpg

Here's a pic showing the mats and the 8 memory buttons - just under the slot for the CD player.

Regards,
Old 11-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

VERY NICE PRESENT INDEED

Congrats and have fun, and get us some more pics when you get the chance

Good luck

Old 11-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Here are the 6 memory buttons in the US models showing the mode and AM/FM. They work only with nav destinations, phone numbers, and radio/entertainment selections. Simply press and hold a button for > 2 seconds. A cool feature is to lightly brush the buttons, their function is displayed.
WOW......-nd2_9042c.jpg
Re Logic 7, I put a \_/ curve (more like +5,+2,+1,0,+2,+4,+5) on my EQ and raised the Bass & Treble a bit. I think it sounds good but its a "warmer" tone than older models with L7.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i w/Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Natural Brown Leather, NAV, Active Steering, Cold-Weather Package, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter. Build completed Sep , 2007.

VERY NICE!!! Congratulations!!!

+1 on the logic 7, seems a bit worse than pre-LCI, my settings are slightly less aggressive than Richard's, 2,2,1,0,1,2,3

Anyway, that doesn't seem to matter nearly as much when you're taking a fast turn

Enjoy!!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 320D 2003 150hp Full exept for PDC.

nice ! It would be nice when you can blast away a sports car

Haven't got more pics yet ?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

All right, just got her cleaned up and here are a few pics!!

WOW......-dscn0306.jpg

WOW......-dscn0305.jpg

Now to get her pin striped and 22" bling/bling dubs....NOT!!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Looks great!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

And a couple more:

WOW......-dscn0307.jpg
Note how bright the DRL's are...even brighter in person belive it or not!

WOW......-dscn0303.jpg
Looks black in the pic...but in the sun you can see the Blue metallic...sweet!!

WOW......-dscn0309.jpg
Gotta love that stick

Quick Reply: WOW......