E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wow

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess What!!! I have another glitch.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

I went to school and parked my in the lot. When I came back, the windows were all the way down and the sunroof was cracked open. The best part was it had rained all day and the car was soaked. Im not very happy about that one. I cleaned it up, but im still pissed. What kind of car does that????? Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Contributors

That really sux! Has it done any damage to the electrical system?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

No i visited my car at lunch after it stopped raining for a while. I was like what the hell. I took some gym clothes from my bag and dried it off. I removed the back seat to dry out the exterior. Supprisingly no electronics were dammaged. Or atleast that i can tell of. I shut my windowns and sun roof and pused the window lock button thinking maybe it would help. I dont know. I was realeved to see after school when i went back that the windows were shut. It poured a lot more.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Senior Members

Wondering if your car has the trigger to unlock all the windows/sunroof if the unlock button is pressed?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:30 PM

This is reallu bad! BMW should replace your car with a new one.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I read somewhere that the comfort opening/closing (opening/closing windows by remote) was deactivated in the US cars due to US laws. I could be wrong but the comfort closing would be one possible explanation.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Contributors

That's terrible. I've read of this happening in another instance, but gladly does not occur in my car. Once in a while, I will close the the driver's side window and it will quickly reopen.

Definately go to your dealer and try to get your car replaced. They will probably try and blame you and say that you possibly pushed a button on your key. Just try to persist and get your way.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Senior Members

It?s happened to my friends E46. That time it was snowing!

Never heard of it in a E60 though.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Members

This happen to me a couple of time. I found out what was happening was. Something was pushing on my key while in my pocket. In some case your body will act as an antenna and the signal will carry further. Came out to my car and my trunk was opened. Once all the windows were opened.

Test: Touch the medal part of your key to you chin. This will add about 50ft to your signal. If was really strange when I first tried it; comes in handy sometimes.

Sorry to hear what happen to you. Mine never that bad.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Members

that is absolutely bizzare. but the theory makes sense. i believe the key is really a radio transmitter, so touching the body could extend its range.

Quick Reply: Wow