E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Would you buy another one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I'm going for the 650i I think when my lease ends in 10 months.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

A September '07 produced facelift 535i with +300 hp and
400 Nm of torgue from 1400 rpm could be the ultimate gasoline E60.

As a diesel the facelift 535d with +280 hp and some 580 Nm of torgue
would be the one.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:38 AM
JDN
Contributors

I would replace with another E60. My 545 is getting the Dinan cold air intake this week. I'm hoping that will bring me up to the 550 level of power.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Just landed my 550 and I'm content with my option selection. I'd get another 550 in a heartbeat.

I could see adding HD stereo, rear side airbags, and comfort access (although its too much $$ for what you get). Should be standard. I'd give HUD another look but I wasn't wowed. Of course a new 550 would be a perfect excuse to go back to Germany, flying on the Autobahn, and drink all my favorite beer while not driving . I think I need to go back
Old 04-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

For most of us, there is simply no other car that matches the driving experience of the 5er. And for those like me that want to drive a manual transmission, there is simply no other car available to buy in its class in the US market.

With that said, I really wish that BMW would increase the luxury quotient of the 5er. Audi's interiors are much nicer and if the new S-class is any indication of what's to come from M-B, BMW's interiors will be left in the dust.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='276198' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:55 PM
For most of us, there is simply no other car that matches the driving experience of the 5er. And for those like me that want to drive a manual transmission, there is simply no other car available to buy in its class in the US market.

With that said, I really wish that BMW would increase the luxury quotient of the 5er. Audi's interiors are much nicer and if the new S-class is any indication of what's to come from M-B, BMW's interiors will be left in the dust.
I have just picked up (yesterday) my first ever BMW - a 530 D SE and was apprehensive about the interior quality as I have been an Audi driver for 4 years. However, my initial feelings (worth alot) are that the interior of the E60 is much classier, cooler, sleek and modern - had an A4 so maybe would have felt different from an A6. I got the same trim as an M5 and think the leather and seats etc are great. Had a hired E class last year and it was like driving a ship. You may be right about the roll out of S class type interiors though
Old 04-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='276198' date='Apr 30 2006, 09:55 PM

I agree that interiors are getting less luxurious, but a friend just got a silver grey 750i with the amathyst leather and a light wood and it felt really luxurious inside. My dad just had the new S-Class for the day the other day and that didn't feel that special at all, in fact his 2005 model felt more luxurious, but he has light interior and the new one had black hide which I think makes all the difference.

If you look at the B5 interior it looks far more luxurious than what BMW have managed.

Would you buy another one?-gal_b5_img08.jpg

Would you buy another one?-gal_b5_img10.jpg

But back to the would I buy another? simple answer is probably not, I get bored too quickly, but at the moment I can't think what else I would buy to replace it.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by jochet' post='275880' date='Apr 29 2006, 11:02 PM
SMG would be great but it's not valet parking friendly which I unfortunately have to do.
I live/work in Manhattan where valet parking is mandatory. Never had a problem...

If I had to get another E60, i'd get comfort seats.
At first I liked the sports seats better, but now I've slowly realized that sports seats can't hold me down enough. I've seen the light and now love the comfy seats' side bolsters which you can adjust till they grip you very tightly. (i can see why they've included it in the sports pack now)

Also, I'd probably delete L7 and Sirius. I'm finding that I'd rather listen to my exhaust these days.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Contributors

The question is not "if" but "when?"

As in, "when can I get the M?"
Old 04-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='276201' date='Apr 30 2006, 05:04 PM
I have just picked up (yesterday) my first ever BMW - a 530 D SE and was apprehensive about the interior quality as I have been an Audi driver for 4 years. However, my initial feelings (worth alot) are that the interior of the E60 is much classier, cooler, sleek and modern - had an A4 so maybe would have felt different from an A6. I got the same trim as an M5 and think the leather and seats etc are great. Had a hired E class last year and it was like driving a ship. You may be right about the roll out of S class type interiors though
In the US, we can't get Individual or M5-like interiors in the lesser-5ers. If we could, I may feel differently. I think that the M5's full leather package, although big, big bucks, makes a huge difference in the quality quotient of the car's interior. I'm hoping BMWNA begins to offer it in future 5ers.

Quick Reply: Would you buy another one?