E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Worst Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004 | 06:03 PM
Members

My biggest fear has become a reality. Some ignorant individuals took a knife or key to the rear quarter panel of my car. I think it was a knife because it is so deep. Amazing to see how thick the paint and clear coat is... I just hope the fix is as perfect as it originally was. On top of it, they got the lens of the tail light too. The total repair with the new tail light is $650. I was told that the light may be able to be buffed since the scratch is not as deep as it is on the body panel. Anyone know if this is the case? My insurance company is Erie and I have a clean record with them. All is covered except $50 deductible, but I'm concerned that my rates may increase due to the claim.
Attached Thumbnails Worst Nightmare-530_scratch.jpg  
Old 08-21-2004 | 06:11 PM
Contributors

Angry

Sorry to hear that. Some people are just so envy of others to say the least.

I doubt your insurance you increase. call you insurance company and ask them.

best of luck..nice car.
Old 08-21-2004 | 06:13 PM
Senior Members

sorry to hear this "tragedy". "ignorant individuals"? you are too nice! those are f#%king jerks ! i think if your claim is small like this, your insurance company won't raise the rate. but i can't guarantee anything. it's better to call and ask them first. hope that motherf#%ker got keyed on his face !
Old 08-22-2004 | 03:55 AM
Senior Members

bastard!
Old 08-22-2004 | 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I almost am affraid to park my car anywhere.. I am scared people will bang their doors to it or scratch it out of envy... That really is the downside to owning such a beautiful car, others hate you for having one..
Old 08-22-2004 | 07:11 AM
JDN
Contributors

Best defense is try to be humble. It's tough, but we can do it!
Old 08-22-2004 | 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Here, any time you claim from your car insurance and can't prove it's someone else's fault...rates go up for the subsequent insurance year....bummer...
Old 08-22-2004 | 09:22 AM
Senior Members

know how you feel, my E60 was vandalised last week. just had it repaired by "chipsaway" in the UK.....and as someone predicted the results was not good

colour match etc was perfect and repair has looked good for last 48hrs but today i noticed the paint is "bubbling" in two places as if there was moisture left on the panel whilst the paint was applied so i'll be taking the car back there tomorrow to demand a refund....then booking it in to the bodyshop.
Old 08-22-2004 | 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Most of the body-shops in the UK use similar processes as companies like chips-away.My brother used to be a bodyshop manager for a BMW dealer,they can also re-colour leather as well if it gets damaged.
Old 08-22-2004 | 02:51 PM
Senior Members

Here, any time you claim from your car insurance and can't prove it's someone else's fault...rates go up for the subsequent insurance year....bummer...
andy545, i'm not sure about your country. but over here, it really depends on the ins co. most of the companies won't jack up the rate if you are filing a small claim. but some blood-sucking insurance companies will do whatever they can to raise your rate .

Quick Reply: Worst Nightmare