E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Windows are opening themselfes.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525iA, Black II, Bi-Xenon, Navigation Proffesional, PDC, servotronic, HiFi, voice recognition system, Riegel ahorn wood.

This has happened me some times. When I come out to the car all windows are open without me doing anything ! Luckily this have never happened during heavy rain (I do not have my car in a garage). Well, I took my car to the dealer. They changed some software and now they claim it's OK. They said they'd never heard about this problem before. They did also send me a bill for the work.

However, when I was just passing by my dealer to get my keys, I heard a guy with excatly the same problem (I suppose with a E60 - didn't ask him since I was in a hurry).

Could any of you give some feedback whether you have experienced this?

I feel BMW should pay for the installation of the new software if this is a known problem.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Originally Posted by Bruggern' post='482719' date='Oct 17 2007, 06:59 PM
This has happened me some times. When I come out to the car all windows are open without me doing anything ! Luckily this have never happened during heavy rain (I do not have my car in a garage). Well, I took my car to the dealer. They changed some software and now they claim it's OK. They said they'd never heard about this problem before. They did also send me a bill for the work.

However, when I was just passing by my dealer to get my keys, I heard a guy with excatly the same problem (I suppose with a E60 - didn't ask him since I was in a hurry).

I feel BMW should pay for the installation of the new software if this is a known problem.
Maybe you pushed your opening key too long (or by pushing it while it's in your pocket). That makes the windows and sunroof go open...
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525iA, Black II, Bi-Xenon, Navigation Proffesional, PDC, servotronic, HiFi, voice recognition system, Riegel ahorn wood.

Originally Posted by BMW ///M 525xi' post='482734' date='Oct 17 2007, 07:14 PM
Maybe you pushed your opening key too long (or by pushing it while it's in your pocket). That makes the windows and sunroof go open...
No, I did definitely not! I am aware of this feature.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Members

Hmm interesting,

Our neighbour knocked on our door the weekend before last in the morning to say all the windows were open on our car... Only had it about 4 weeks, again fortunately it hadn't rained (or been stolen!)

That said, my wife believes that she had her hands full and was holding the car keys whilst trying to get through the front door, so at the moment, we think it's most likely that she held the open button on the key without realising.

I would also say that the buttons on the remote are too easily caught. I was round a friends one and they asked why the lights were on inside my car while we were sitting in their lounge chatting, the lights were on because the lock button on the remote was being depressed whilst in my trouser pocket.

We have a leather key fob provided by the dealer on our key rings, and now I always make a point when putting the key in my pocket to ensure the fob is folded over the buttons of the car key as this prevents the buttons being pressed. Ideally I think we could do with a "wallet" of sorts which is exactly the size of the fob to protect the key and the buttons from being depressed... Not sure if there is a dealer accessory that does this.

In the meantime, I will keep a scepticle eye on the windows of the car!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

If you keep your keys in your briefcase or computer bag and the front button gets depressed, all the windows will open. Even when you're inside the house. The signal is strong. This happened to my mother in-law and her Lexus. She was convinced she didn't have anything on her keys, but it turned out she had a bottle of water in her bag that was resting on her keys.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

I know that all windows open when I hold the open button (08 550).

I would rather there be some way to close all windows with one button.

Any way to do that?

Thanks, sixcard
Old 10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='482874' date='Oct 17 2007, 08:29 PM
I know that all windows open when I hold the open button (08 550).

I would rather there be some way to close all windows with one button.

Any way to do that?

Thanks, sixcard
Not in the USA...blame the lawyers!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Maybe they'er baaaack!!!...... Windows are opening themselfes.-poltergeist.jpg
Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Better to run Mac..
Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bruggern' post='482719' date='Oct 17 2007, 05:59 PM

Sometimes when I am driving along, my rear windows open without me touching anything. I turn round to see why and its my 4 and 6 year old boys! LOL

Quick Reply: Windows are opening themselfes.