E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

windows dont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 08:51 AM
abs
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since i have had my software update to version 17 not only do my amber lights not work but the driver side window has developed a fault.

when i try to close the window it stops at half way and goes back down again. i am left to close the window by pulling the window up bit by bit.

does anyone else have this problwm as my dealer has yet to resolve it
Old 07-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Apparently a fairly common problem with the anti trap function--I had it intermittently on my passenger window--they replaced the window drive and now works properly. Now I have same problem with drivers window...
Old 07-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on black. 6spd MT, Nav, sports package.

I have the same problem... I never got any software upgrades.

I thought it had something to do with my tints.... At least thats what i think the dealership will tell me.

Have you had your windows tinted?
Old 07-10-2005, 03:13 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by abs' date='Jul 9 2005, 11:51 AM
since i have had my software update to version 17 not only do my amber lights not work but the driver side window has developed a fault.

when i try to close the window it stops at half way and goes back down again. i am left to close the window by pulling the window up bit by bit.

does anyone else have this problwm as my dealer has yet to resolve it
[snapback]147256[/snapback]
According to our distributor in Spore, the drive motor has some problem, need to have it replaced.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:24 AM
abs
Members

Originally Posted by goyk' date='Jul 10 2005, 06:41 AM
I have the same problem... I never got any software upgrades.

I thought it had something to do with my tints.... At least thats what i think the dealership will tell me.

Have you had your windows tinted?
[snapback]147482[/snapback]

no my windows are not tinted
Old 07-10-2005, 05:09 AM
g8r
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i jet black, NAV, premium, automatic, xenon

I am having the same problem. I took delivery in Nov. 04 and have not had ANY problems until this. It just started about a week ago. Automatic function does not work properly. I have to press button several times and window moves about one inch with each press of the button.

I have my first appointmnt for service (10,000 mile oil change) this week and they will hopefully repair the problem. I will repost after I hear from the service advisor.

I have not have a software upgrade, nor have I had the windows tinted.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:18 AM
Contributors

I'm also having problems with my passenger side widow.
But only when my accountant and Father-in-law are in the car, comments like " so this is
$ 65,000 worth of German engineering huh " .

BTW I have only had one update version 13 , but that was some time ago.

DR.Z
Old 07-10-2005, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

maybe you guys should try to re-initilize the window (teach the anti trap where the fully closed and open positions are

here is the sequence for the rear windows: (do for each window using front controls )

1)Fully close the window and hold the window switch in the close position for 2 seconds
2)move the window all the way down and then hold the window switch in the down position for 20 seconds
3)Close the widow again and hold the switch in the up position
4)While holding the window should now move all the way down and then up by itself to show its been initilized
5) Let go and hopefually all is well

For the front windows :
1) fully close the front window and hold the switch in the up position for 2 seconds
Old 07-10-2005, 05:32 AM
g8r
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i jet black, NAV, premium, automatic, xenon

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Jul 10 2005, 09:24 AM
maybe you guys should try to re-initilize the window (teach the anti trap where the fully closed and open positions are

here is the sequence for the rear windows: (do for each window using front controls )

1)Fully close the window and hold the window switch in the close position for 2 seconds
2)move the window all the way down and then hold the window switch in the down position for 20 seconds
4)While holding the window should now move all the way down and then up by itself to show its been initilized

For the front windows :
1) fully close the front window and hold the switch in the up position for 2 seconds
[snapback]147544[/snapback]
Wow. I just tried this and it worked. Thanks E60 Speed!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by g8r' date='Jul 10 2005, 08:32 AM
[quote name='E60Speed' date='Jul 10 2005, 09:24 AM']maybe you guys should try to re-initilize the window (teach the anti trap where the fully closed and open positions are

For the front windows :
[snapback]147544[/snapback]
Wow. I just tried this and it worked. Thanks E60 Speed!
[snapback]147546[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great, keep us informed if it keeps working correctly

Quick Reply: windows dont work