E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Windows Anti-trap activated again!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer
Smile

I had the Windows Anti-trap activated error again. Had that "fixed" by the dealer last week, they claimed they changed the windows motor for me, and it supposed to be fixed. But it comes back again! Arrrr.....and my service advisor don't know what my car's CIP version is.

Just want to vent......
Old 11-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

The CIP will not be known unless they do an update for you I think.

I think there's a way to reinitialize it, did you try that already?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Titanium Silver Metallic, Gray Dakota Leather, Poplar Grain Wood Trim, Steptronic, Active Steering, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, On-Board Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Satellite Radio, Euro Rear Reflectors

Originally Posted by mic325' post='195703' date='Nov 9 2005, 10:17 AM
I had the Windows Anti-trap activated error again. Had that "fixed" by the dealer last week, they claimed they changed the windows motor for me, and it supposed to be fixed. But it comes back again! Arrrr.....and my service advisor don't know what my car's CIP version is.

Just want to vent......

I had the same problem multiple times. I'm not sure if you had your windows tinted recently, but that was the cause of my Anti-trap function being activated. The guys that tinted my windows happened to mess up the pathway of the window, so when it would roll down, part of the rubber on the inside would roll underneath the pane and would cause for the anti-trap function to activate. I had to take my 06 525i back twice before the dealer would check the paths of the windows rather than just reset my software. Make sure you ask the dealer to check the path of the pane because most won't.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by cory.wingerter' post='195711

Just want to vent......

I had the same problem multiple times. I'm not sure if you had your windows tinted recently, but that was the cause of my Anti-trap function being activated. The guys that tinted my windows happened to mess up the pathway of the window, so when it would roll down, part of the rubber on the inside would roll underneath the pane and would cause for the anti-trap function to activate. I had to take my 06 525i back twice before the dealer would check the paths of the windows rather than just reset my software. Make sure you ask the dealer to check the path of the pane because most won't.

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

I can answer that for you, his car doesn't have tints.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I have this about once a week. The dealer replaced the motor, which did absolutely nothing. I have CIP 18. whatever and it still occurs. But the mechanic put grease all over my door panel and the cloth on the A pillar......
Old 11-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver/Gray, Steptronic, Nav, Logic 7, Active Steering, Aux In, Hardwired V-1.

I just took my car in for service and included the d*mn anti-trap. The Dealer said the solution was to greased the tracks for the window. Did that do the trick? Nope, still activates about every fifth time I put the windows up. It's getting cold around here, so I don't use the windows much. I'll wait for the next service trip and bring it up yet again!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

My car is in for some service today and I am getting both front motors replaced. I get that error from time to time as well. From what I'm hearing replacing the motors may not fix my problem. Oh well, i'm getting the latest software while it's there so that good.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Since having 19.xx upgrade, I have aIso had 2 cases (on both front windows) where the window stopped half way up. But unlike before the upgrade, l did not get the anti-trap error message!?

I must try to re-initialise them.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire, BLK Anthracite. STEPTRONIC, NAV, Cold wthr Pack., Logic 7, Style 116, Bluetooth, Moto v710, CIP 18.x

Never had the problem once till I got CIP 18 update. Now I have it about 1/7 times operating window.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White/Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Premium Package, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with Dynamic Auto-Leveling Production On 05/2005 Purchased On 07/2005

I have the same problem. What I usually do is play with it by pulling the windows up and down couple of times and the warning suddenly disappears.

Quick Reply: Windows Anti-trap activated again!?!