E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Window Creaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I GOT A 2007 TITANIUM GRAY/AUBURN LEATHER 545I 6SPD MANUAL. COLD WEATHER PACKAE, PREMIUM, PREMIUM SOUND LOGIC 7, SPORT.

My 545i Only has window creaks on the passanger front and rear sides. The driver side is perfect. I have tried everything already and nothing seems to work. Especialy today the weather is about +10F and the creaks are really bad.
Anyone has any advice on that?
Tried Carboflo numerous times, but nothing is working...
Old 12-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Did you really try everything. There is a product called Carboflo. Its a tube of special liquid. Apply it on the felt on the doors where the meet the A- pillar. That will take care of it for you. I noticed the creaking after a few cold mornings. The dealer did it the first time and the second time I took the tube from him. Never needed it since.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Members

Had the same problem, I just took it back to the dealer and voila, creeks are gone.
You are not alone either, many of the members had the same problem.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by SLVR530I' date='Dec 20 2004, 03:25 PM
Had the same problem, I just took it back to the dealer and voila, creeks are gone.
You are not alone either, many of the members had the same problem.
[snapback]70844[/snapback]
Yeap, that's a tube of most expensive silicone lubricant I have ever seen (appx. $80 for 2 oz. tube). But it works, and since I am not paying for it, WTH do I care

cheers,

beewang
Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Members

Are the window creaks that people are talking about obviously from the windows? I hear creaking/squeaks from what sounds like behind the rear seats. Now I'm wondering if it is the window but sounds like it is from behind the seats.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

This is a known BMW falw. I had it in myE39 as well. If the quick fixes do not work, and you are persistant, BMW will change out hardware. They are relucatnt to do this becasue with the automatic up feature, the window frame contains safety sensors and they are very expensive.

All of the creaks - windows, seats, rear deck - are worse in the very cold.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I had this same problem with a Honda of mine. The problem stemed from a nylon block wich is used to slide the window up a rail. It typically is not where you think it is, so you will not get it with a spray lubricant. This is something that can be applied by the dealer with the door panel off.

I hope this isn't your problem, but if it is, I hope this helps. Once it is lubed, the sound is gone. What typically is the cause is a piece of dirt between the nylon and the rail it slides on.

I don't know exactly if the BMW has this, but it sounds familiar.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

My garage told me last week that BMW introduces new coating for the window frames from coming January. As soon as they will be available through the network they will replace my creaking ones.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Contributors

I had the dealer do the carbaflo treatment twice. It didn't work. In the end they replaced the door seals. Appearantly the porblem is that velvetty bit on the top. Just tell em to replace it.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530ia, saphire black on black dakota leather, steptronic, sports package and premium package; heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, auto bixenon headlamps, rain sensor, dynamic drive, active steering, 18" rims, Harman Kardon L7, CD Changer, poplar wood with chrome accent on steering wheel and shifter, build date 10/2003

Blackbird,
I had the same problem with all my windows too, and it was REAL bad. Did the dealer do the Carbaflo solution for you? or DIY? there is some experimenting you can do, which worked for me!
Lower all the windows about a couple of milimeters (thats Canadian for about 1/8 of an inch!) <_<
if the squeaks are gone - while starting/stopping, then you NEED the carbaflo solution, if the sqeaks remain, then the pressure between the glass and frame are not the problem.
The correct way to apply the Carbaflo solutions is using it alongside with the silicon remover agent, on the felt flock part on the top inside of the door. You are supposed to apply the silicon remover to it, let it dry for a day or overnight, then apply the Carbaflo. Assuming the problem is the same as mine and most other users - that should solve the problem. Or, after this is performed again, try adjusting the type of car washing material used - it has something to do with silicon products not reacting well to the door sills. (sounds nutz, but its true)

hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Window Creaks