E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Window anti trap error! AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

I think I was discussing this issue on another post; Sometimes it seems when you sometimes go for cip updates, it sort of drains your battery in some cases and it needs a recharge and in the process the windows loose their programming i guess, my point is that if the memory in the car remembers the memory settings, radio presets etc after a disconnected battery , why cant it permanantly remember the window positions? what is the valid reason?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Members

My Ride: '01 E46 M3, stock w/ angel eyes :)

BetterMakeWay,

had exactly same issue with almost all windows. My issue was fixed by regular mechanic ( no warranty ) who can calibrate windows position, they were re-calibrated. So far no single fault.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

had the same problem aswell... was covered by bmw.... said it was a faulty motor or some sort of mechanics of the widow.... and replace the whole mechanism....ericd
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

every time I start now the engine, I got te message but I start the car drive off mind my own business and no other probs, may be will ask BMW to see the motors. So I also have all the time I start the enging the message.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

you guys...you have always told me what to tell the dealler...
but seems some of you are "stuck" with your deallers and windows....
Bettermakeway. seems to me that you have a hardware problem its covered under warranty so i would ask the dealer to "FIX IT", not like the dealer will be paying from his pocket, BMW wil handle everything, they change my cars motors even when i get noises when from the motor, (replaced ALL windows motors) at one point smple fix, i would recomend a CIP update while there at it. i dont think deallers will update the CIP unless there is a reason so find something...
Old 07-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PoleApart' post='316725' date='Jul 29 2006, 11:12 PM
So the warning message and the triangle warning light on the dashboard were reset and don't reappear? I can live with the window moving up bit by bit but getting the warning message every time I start the car is pissing me off. Like you I also don't fully trust the local dealers here and firmly believe the less they screw around with the car the better.

--
Przemek
Yes i agree with you but it drove me nuts to see the stupid message every time i started my car. So i went to them and told them to fix it. Didn't want to risk asking them for a cip upgrade since i didn't want to risk giving birth to other problems as seen with some of the upgrades, so i just told him to fix it. And he did...sort of Now the problem is still there but no error message whatsoever so i learn to live with it and that's it. Reset feature doesn't do squat, but the anti-trap doesn't happen all the time.
Funny: I had a big race through down-town a night before and there was a guy with me in the car also, and the car we were chasing started to throw debris and stuff because of the speed and i had the windows rolled down and i wanted to quickly (in a race ) close them but only one closed the other from his side went into anti-trap carp mode and i had to back off a little....from the attention acorded to the closing of the window that is....
Old 07-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='316779' date='Jul 30 2006, 01:58 AM
you guys...you have always told me what to tell the dealler...
but seems some of you are "stuck" with your deallers and windows....
Bettermakeway. seems to me that you have a hardware problem its covered under warranty so i would ask the dealer to "FIX IT", not like the dealer will be paying from his pocket, BMW wil handle everything, they change my cars motors even when i get noises when from the motor, (replaced ALL windows motors) at one point smple fix, i would recomend a CIP update while there at it. i dont think deallers will update the CIP unless there is a reason so find something...
Ok i agree with the hardware fixing part but (you may find this crazy) i'm afraid of the dealer...of the people that work there....and i had terrible experiences with a VW dealer (battery swaping, bill pumped up and so many more....) and you could imagine my fear now. I'm not saying that the bmw dealer here is bad but hey it's being run by romanians. And that's what frightens me. I don't want to start dissasembing my door panels and all the stuff the factory "glued" all together so perfectly and to start having problems later on with noises and stuff.
Bad example at the main bmw dealership here: Left my car for a necesary fix of a rock damage on the hood (like a fist in size going deep into the metal, probably like a fist the rock also) and i got it fixed right. Color was perfect no problems but the interior was a mess. Alot of dust on the seats and even cigar ash. It was like the whole interior being fully exposed for 1 week to the dust and lookign like an ash-tray. So you probably feel me now.
I agree with the CIP upgrade but also in the post above i fear for other gremlins to come alive.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

ok now i understand and see your fear....its up to you to take the chance...my car was also a bit dirty after my aux install. but not like yours, next time they return the car dirty to you, dont accept it and tell them that you will wait while the car is cleaned..it is very annoying when we spend so much time keeping the car clean and then overnight the car gets dirty...this is very frustrating.
it depends on the dealer and you luck about repair even the best dealers can mess things up. i suppose if your lucky everything will work fine...
BTW if you dont have MP3 and you want to get it then i sugest you take the chance and get an upgrade, i think mp3 is worth the risk.. for sure,,,
Old 07-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='316845' date='Jul 30 2006, 09:56 AM
ok now i understand and see your fear....its up to you to take the chance...my car was also a bit dirty after my aux install. but not like yours, next time they return the car dirty to you, dont accept it and tell them that you will wait while the car is cleaned..it is very annoying when we spend so much time keeping the car clean and then overnight the car gets dirty...this is very frustrating.
it depends on the dealer and you luck about repair even the best dealers can mess things up. i suppose if your lucky everything will work fine...
BTW if you dont have MP3 and you want to get it then i sugest you take the chance and get an upgrade, i think mp3 is worth the risk.. for sure,,,
And complain about the anti-trap so i can get an upgrade? That reason or...?
Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 BMW 550i MSport, Carbon Black,20" Vossen CV-1's,Remus,RPi scoop,H&R. '07 Porsche 997 C4S with Aerokit,iForged 20",X51 engine upgrade,PCCB's,Guards Red.

Dam,i also got the 'up,up,oh no its changed its mind!' problem too :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Window anti trap error! AGAIN