E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wife + New Forgestars + Curb Check = Angry Husband

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the car for my wife because she wanted something more sporty than her Tahoe. Mind you... I bought the tahoe so that my wife could beat the piss out of it and well... it was still a tahoe at the end of the day.

She didn't like the stock wheels, so I bought some matte black Forgestar F14s and put some new shoes on the car. 24 hours later I walk out into the garage and see a nice silver lining around the rim where it used to be black as well as multiple chunks missing from the rim. After going back inside and freaking the &%$@ out about the brand new wheel being ruined, she tells me that she made a U-turn and accidently curb checked the wheel the ENTIRE WAY AROUND THE U-TURN. So she basically turned, heard the rubbing/scrapping/screaming of the wheel and continued through her U-turn and carried on her merry way.

Being as how the car is black/black the silver curb rash is extremely nasty to look at.

Question --- do I replace the rim for her? Or just deal with the fact that her driving it is going to cause issues and leave it alone because she'll probably do it again soon enough?

I'm a huge fan of keeping everything good looking and not all jacked up....

Ugh...

/rant
Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Members

Buy her a new rim or get it fixed. My wife did 2 rims on a brend new 335i and never knew she did it. At least that is what she said.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

She obviously need some punishment.. Anal penetration perhaps ? xD
Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

Give her a chance and fix the rim or buy her a new one. I'm sure she feels bad about it.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525I 2009 HEADLIGHTS M5 TECH FRONT BUMPER UNDER CONSTRUCTION........

dont leave it like that because its just gonna piss you off more seeing this silver mark on a black on black car fix it or buy a new 1 and teach her a lesson
Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

You could get fine sandpaper at Autozone along with flat black spray paint(specifically for wheels) and attempt to fix it. I am happy with the result on one of my Matte Black wheels after sanding/spray painting the scuffed part of the wheel. Not perfect, but hard to tell unless looked at it very closely. Total cost was less than $15.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

I can identify with both your wife and you on this subject. Our local McDonalds remodeled their drive-through, and I was taking my daughter through one lunch time. The corner angle is really sharp and I curbed my front left rim. I was more pissed with myself than my husband could ever be with me. It was stupid!!! I was embarrassed at my clumsiness, and mad with myself for not paying more attention. Hubby saw how upset I was and left it at that........... We will replace the wheel when we replace the tires in a year or so, for now I can live with it as it's not too visually insulting!! Black wheels would be a different story altogether, so I would replace it.

Don't be too upset with her ~ If she's anything like me, she feels worse about it inside than she's letting on.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

get some extra wide rubber so the tire sticks out a little more on the rim. while it won't guarantee complete protection from a 5+mph curbing it will reduce the likelihood of curbing in parking spaces, etc.

but yes, there's a reason my wife has a cherokee with stock 17s on it. she pulls forward into parking spaces until the car won't move any more. that could be the parking stop, or it could be the concrete wall in front of it. she's on her third front bumper.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

Originally Posted by dR.jonezz
She obviously need some punishment.. Anal penetration perhaps ? xD
+1

Old 02-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

Who says that's punishment?!?!? *wink*

Quick Reply: Wife + New Forgestars + Curb Check = Angry Husband