E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Wife just damaged the lowr bottom portion of front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife parked the car too close to the curb and have the front bumper lower portion stuck. When she backed out the car the bottom portion got forced and damaged.

My questions are:
(1) can the pulled portion be heated and bend/push back? I knew it will not go back to normal but at least not like this all the way down.
(2) can I just replace the lower portion if it cannot be fixed? or do I need a new bumper?
(3) planning to install the HARTGE front lip spoiler and wondering if the pulled portion will cause the front lip spoiler cannot be installed? or maybe I should get the BREYTON front lip spoiler which is thicker and should be able to completely block the damaged area.
(3) If need to replace the front bumper, maybe I should get the Mtech front bumper. Any place for the best deal for just the front M-tech bumper and the whole kit?
(4) since many of the members here got the full Mtech kit, what is the average total cost for parts, paint, and installation?

Another night that I will not be able to sleep tight....
Old 04-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Go Mtech or a lot of guys here could probably give you a deal as many have done the Mtech and still have their old bumper, you could probably find one the same color too.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Yeah, get the M Tech kit. You can then personalize the front a bit more if you want with splitters from some of the tuning companies like Hartge or Hamann.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport & Premium package with bluetooth, 6 disk cd-Changer, stock 18's dunlop wrapped, leather, adaptive headlights, CPO, See my gallery :DR.I.P...Stock Silver 2004 530i with grey interior, HID,
Model Year: 2005
Engine: M54

lucky you, you have several options you can use to correct this issue.

A. you can fix this easily by heating up the area with a hair dryer, then use a small block of wood to press and push on it till it falls back into place.

B. you can also use a iron at a low setting to head up the area and flatten it out at the same time (i would try this firs)

C. there is a group buy going on for the whole m-tech kit (front & rear bumpers, skirts & all plastic pieces included) for $1,799 painted to match your factory color and shipped to your door... guaranteed! best deal ever considering only the front bumper (painted with plastic pieces) sells for $999 shipped. check out the group buy thread and join it!

D. you cannot replace only the lower portion of your bumper. its all one piece so you would need a new one... see group buy mentioned above!

E. dont let your wife drive the car anymore once you upgrade to the m-tech kit!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i, Full M-Tech kit, CF Hamann front lip, M5 trunk lid, 20" iForged swift, LCI Tail Lights, Remus Quad Exhaust.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='569921' date='Apr 28 2008, 07:10 AM
Yeah, get the M Tech kit. You can then personalize the front a bit more if you want with splitters from some of the tuning companies like Hartge or Hamann.

Thats exactly what I did. Someone scraped my back bumper in a school parking lot and had the nerve to run away when i jumped out to look and see the damage. Wasnt damaged as bad as your front bumper, but I just waited it out and decided to go with the M tech kit . Looks a lot nicer and is a pretty good investment, just gotta be careful when hitting dips at a high speed or parking in front of those damn concrete parking slabs...otherwise you will now have a very nice kit thats scratched up. I got the kit for low 3's painted and installed, Good luck with everything.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by k Wang' post='569742' date='Apr 27 2008, 11:20 PM
My wife parked the car too close to the curb and have the front bumper lower portion stuck. When she backed out the car the bottom portion got forced and damaged.

My questions are:
(1) can the pulled portion be heated and bend/push back? I knew it will not go back to normal but at least not like this all the way down.
(2) can I just replace the lower portion if it cannot be fixed? or do I need a new bumper?
(3) planning to install the HARTGE front lip spoiler and wondering if the pulled portion will cause the front lip spoiler cannot be installed? or maybe I should get the BREYTON front lip spoiler which is thicker and should be able to completely block the damaged area.
(3) If need to replace the front bumper, maybe I should get the Mtech front bumper. Any place for the best deal for just the front M-tech bumper and the whole kit?
(4) since many of the members here got the full Mtech kit, what is the average total cost for parts, paint, and installation?

Another night that I will not be able to sleep tight....
Perhaps option (5) Replace wife??
Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='570022' date='Apr 28 2008, 09:50 AM
Perhaps option (5) Replace wife??
Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

dam sucks
Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by orlee008' post='569933' date='Apr 28 2008, 10:31 AM
lucky you, you have several options you can use to correct this issue.

A. you can fix this easily by heating up the area with a hair dryer, then use a small block of wood to press and push on it till it falls back into place.

B. you can also use a iron at a low setting to head up the area and flatten it out at the same time (i would try this firs)

C. there is a group buy going on for the whole m-tech kit (front & rear bumpers, skirts & all plastic pieces included) for $1,799 painted to match your factory color and shipped to your door... guaranteed! best deal ever considering only the front bumper (painted with plastic pieces) sells for $999 shipped. check out the group buy thread and join it!

D. you cannot replace only the lower portion of your bumper. its all one piece so you would need a new one... see group buy mentioned above!

E. dont let your wife drive the car anymore once you upgrade to the m-tech kit!!!
I will definitely try to heat it up with hair dryer and see whether I can push it back. Like I said, I do not expect it back to normal but just not like what it is now. It hurts by just looking at it every morning.

Does the M-tech kit front will come with foglights? If not, can I use my current foglights? Will the rear bumper still fits the supersprint exhaust? or there's special mods required to fit. The $1800 painted group buy is very attractive, but not OEM I assumed. Wondering how much labor it costs to have the whole kit put on at the dealer or body shop.

I already asked my wife driving the FX35 this morning.

Kevin
Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by orlee008' post='569933' date='Apr 28 2008, 10:31 AM
Can you help to describe it in more detail way? I do not understand when you said to use a iron at a low setting to head up the area.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Wife just damaged the lowr bottom portion of front bumper