E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why Bangle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

[/quote]
The interior of the recent BMWs has been my biggest disappointment. And it's taken me a while to want to give up my e39 for a newer BMW. Twice over the last couple of years I walked into a dealership to take a closer look at the e60 after having come to grips with the exterior look only to be turned off by the lack of ergonomics on the inside. It's horrible.
[/quote]

Hmm, I matter of taste.

I love the interior of the E60, except for the looks and feel of the AC area in the middle.

The ergonomics are great thanks to the iDrive.

One actually doesn't have to mess with any buttoms,
except for the ones in and around the steering wheel.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:06 AM
caf
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/quote]One element I don't like on ANY of the newer BMWs is the hood. It's worst on the Z4 and looks best (but still not good) on the e60. The grill should be part of the hood to keep the lines clean. [/quote]

I do agree with you on this. Whether you like the overall exterior design or not is subjective and arguable, but no one can argue that they prefer that gap going all the way across the front of the car. The E39 and E46 were MUCH nicer in that regard. The gaposis effect is most noticable on light colored cars, of course, and not as noticeable on a black car.

I also agree with you that the interior could be better. I think it's a little boring, and I miss the wrap-around feel of earlier BMWs.