E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who's e60 crashed in Mass???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From another forum:

"My friend got into an accident with his brand new 5 series (600 miles on it)

a truck was speeding around the corner at 45 in a 20 and just smacked his bmw...

impressive how the windshield folded like that and didnt shatter!

he had 3 other passengers in the car and they were a little bruised, he also managed to climb out of the passenger side window after the collison...

now here is the scary part. he called me not too long after the crash and told me what happened, he told me the whole side of his car was messed up and I thought he was exaggerating the whole thing, when I went to go see him at the scene of the accident (5 mins from my house) I saw the car and I freaked! I didnt think he would walk away so easily from the crash.

We were talking for about 30 mins or so and he just collapsed and hit his head on the car... It was one of the scariest moments I've ever seen, after he got rushed to the hospital it turns out he had 2 broken ribs, his pelvis was heavily damaged and he had a neck injury as well

The doctor said something about the adrenaline in his body keeping him conscious after the accident to help him cope with the pain, doctor says he probably didnt feel a thing but once it wore off he felt it and just went into shock."

Whats amazing is, the paint has NO SCRATCHES!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

ouch...
Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Contributors

DANG!!! Thats a messed up E60!! I hope the driver is ok.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='379366' date='Jan 17 2007, 12:56 AM
DANG!!! Thats a messed up E60!! I hope the driver is ok.

Yeaaaa seriously, how did the driver walk away? Did he walk away without a scratch?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Originally Posted by bmw1986' post='379371' date='Jan 17 2007, 06:14 AM
Yeaaaa seriously, how did the driver walk away? Did he walk away without a scratch?
"We were talking for about 30 mins or so and he just collapsed and hit his head on the car... It was one of the scariest moments I've ever seen, after he got rushed to the hospital it turns out he had 2 broken ribs, his pelvis was heavily damaged and he had a neck injury as well

The doctor said something about the adrenaline in his body keeping him conscious after the accident to help him cope with the pain, doctor says he probably didnt feel a thing but once it wore off he felt it and just went into shock."
Old 01-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

The side of the car looks like a black polythene sack...
amazing how the metal deformed like that and how the paint is intact...

freaky...

Glad to hear your friend is ok... he was lucky...
Old 01-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

That's why paramedics always advise a precautionary visit to the hospital after an accident.
That car saved his life man.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Contributors

It's interesting how the windshield didn't shatter.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

WOW indeed by reading the post and the fact that he 1st walked away, i had instanly second doubts. It doesn't look like he could have just walked away without some major damage. I'm glad though that the car did it's job and kept him alive. Hope he recovers from it, and keep us up to date with his status man!!! I hope he doesn't need surgery, and also hope that after he recovers he'll stick to another E60 of course.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Members

first time I have seen a picture of a car with 17inch wheels on this website.

I think the truck driver must have been staring at how wide the gap is between the well and tire!

Gald to hear he will be ok! Life is precious!

THose VW commercials with the cars getting t-boned are really scarey first time you see them.

Quick Reply: Who's e60 crashed in Mass???