E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who else has an early build E60?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

After having recently purchased a preowned 2004 E60 (20k miles) I am more and more dissapointed by the things my E60 can't do. No upgradable Nav. No bluetooth TCU, No voice command, ect. ect. ect. I guess I should have done a little more research first but after ownig a 2003 530 and liking that I figured I'd like the new and improved E60 even more. I guess if I didn't know it was capable of so much more I'd be happy. The idrive is virtually usless except to act as a radio! The steering wheel is cluttered with usless buttons! Anyone else feeling this way?
Old 07-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter' date='Jul 30 2005, 03:51 PM
After having recently purchased a preowned 2004 E60 (20k miles) I am more and more dissapointed by the things my E60 can't do. No upgradable Nav. No bluetooth TCU, No voice command, ect. ect. ect. I guess I should have done a little more research first but after ownig a 2003 530 and liking that I figured I'd like the new and improved E60 even more. I guess if I didn't know it was capable of so much more I'd be happy. The idrive is virtually usless except to act as a radio!? The steering wheel is cluttered with usless buttons! Anyone else feeling this way?
[snapback]154695[/snapback]
I have a May 04 build car and (came with Nav) and I was able to SW upgrade to make the Bluetooth work. Do you have BMW Assist (sos button on roof)? If so, you should be able to get BT working....
Old 07-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

Originally Posted by 12vguy' date='Jul 30 2005, 05:54 PM
I have a May 04 build car and (came with Nav) and I was able to SW upgrade to make the Bluetooth work.? Do you have BMW Assist (sos button on roof)?? If so, you should be able to get BT working....
[snapback]154697[/snapback]

I have the SOS button on roof but I was told by the dealer that I can't get bluetooth without paying like 2k. I'd love to have bluetooth since my phone (Moto E815) is Bluetooth!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:21 PM
MEX
Senior Members

try just getting the ULF module, but i think you will loose the SOS function.

Do a search for "ULF" i posted about this a while back, i upgraded to bluetooth for under $600
Old 08-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Hpdrifter:
I have a Sept 2003 build date. I have voice command for my hands free phone, works well. I use the buttons on the steering wheel for next entertainment source and turning off the idrive screen. I don't have nav., wasn't interested. The idrive works for fine for me, sorry to hear yours doesn't.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by juan2mini' date='Aug 1 2005, 09:27 PM
Hpdrifter:
I have a Sept 2003 build date. I have voice command for my hands free phone, works well. I use the buttons on the steering wheel for next entertainment source and turning off the idrive screen. I don't have nav., wasn't interested. The idrive works for fine for me, sorry to hear yours doesn't.
[snapback]155124[/snapback]
I have 2003 built. There is nothing special in my car and only gadget what I'm willing to pay now is MP3 update. Few reasons why I don't need so much.

-in Finland You really don't need navigation and I have portable one
-bluetooth was not option then, would be nice but how much I really need it?
-PDC way too expensive in Finland
-Logic7 cost more than give (again in Finland)
-car really has now all what I want (including how it drives!!)

last but not least: Car is just sitting in garage at least half a year, because I'm in China and probably can next time drive it in Chirstmas time couple of weeks.

So conclusion is that I would like more gadgets if they would not cost so damn much, but I love the e60 also just like this.

Skaffa
Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='Aug 2 2005, 08:51 AM
[quote name='juan2mini' date='Aug 1 2005, 09:27 PM']Hpdrifter:
I have 2003 built. There is nothing special in my car and only gadget what I'm willing to pay now is MP3 update. Few reasons why I don't need so much.

last but not least: Car is just sitting in garage at least half a year, because I'm in China and probably can next time drive it in Chirstmas time couple of weeks.

So conclusion is that I would like more gadgets if they would not cost so damn much, but I love the e60 also just like this.

Skaffa
[snapback]155287[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi Skaffa,

it's probably as good for you as for your E60 that you can drive it only very rarely. With all the ponies you squezeed out of its poor little engine, if you should drive it every day like me, getting the 15K km mark in two months I think you 'll have a good chance to blow it up!
Anyhow, Finland is really nice in summer time but to drive there in winter time is really awful! Spend more time there in July instead of December!

Moi moi
Old 08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Aug 2 2005, 12:58 PM
[quote name='skaffa' date='Aug 2 2005, 08:51 AM'][quote name='juan2mini' date='Aug 1 2005, 09:27 PM']Hpdrifter:

Skaffa
[snapback]155287[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi Skaffa,

it's probably as good for you as for your E60 that you can drive it only very rarely. With all the ponies you squezeed out of its poor little engine, if you should drive it every day like me, getting the 15K km mark in two months I think you 'll have a good chance to blow it up!
Anyhow, Finland is really nice in summer time but to drive there in winter time is really awful! Spend more time there in July instead of December!

Moi moi
[snapback]155307[/snapback]
[/quote]

Moro!

Yes I agree that Finland is nice place in summer, but unfortunately my enployer does not ask from me where and when I like to work!

I'm convinced that I can reach big mileage with this engine, even I sometimes use whole potent of it. I believe BMW quality!

---Like to have 535d---

Skaffa
Old 08-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

I have a 09/03 build as well and I knew I'd miss a few things (headsup display) if I wanted to be early but for me it's worked out well. The only piece I really wanted (and got after the fact) was Bluetooth (and I absolutely love it). I gotta let the rest go....early adopters can't have all their cake and eat it too.

That said, if Apple would just build (and BMW would support) a BT iPod I'd be on cloud nine...
Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I have 02/04 build and cannot rally say that I'm too disappointed.

Quick Reply: Who else has an early build E60?